I want to buy this 2014 Leaf S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dchiu411

Hello everyone,

This will be my first electric car and I’m interested in this 2014 Leaf S with 17,510 miles. I see that it has 11 bars.

Was quoted $ 8,900 / 9,792.90 OTD

This is what the dealer replied about range.
So I just looked at the dashboard, it's charged up to 94% and the range is at 64 miles, which means fully charged will probably get you 76 miles, 80 tops.

64 miles concerns me.

Any suggestions or questions I should ask? Do you know where I could pick up spy Leaf in a hurry?

The range isn't going to be that much. 11 bars showing means a full 10 bars, plus an unknown extra bit. I'd pass on that car, as it came from a hot climate.

The Distance-To-Empty (DTE as Nissan calls it) or GOM (for Guess-O-Meter here on the forum) will vary greatly depending upon recent driving history so the number is worthless for determining battery capacity. You can get the Leaf Spy app through iTunes or Play Store, but a good OBDII adapter to work with either app is harder to find. Where did the car spend its life? The battery degrades much more in hot climates. Have you thought about how much range you really need? Don't plan on more than 50 miles once the capacity is down to 9 bars--I made my 52-mile round trip commute with my 2011 after it was down to 8 capacity bars left before Nissan replaced the battery, but there was almost nothing left at the end of the day.

https://www.facebook.com/notes/seattle-nissan-leaf-owners/a-guide-for-buying-a-used-leaf/1100737373291032/

Also, +1 on ignoring the stupid GOM.

Can you update your location info via your user name in the upper right > User Control Panel > Profile tab? That way, we don't need to ask in future posts/threads or do sleuthing to deduce it.

What are your daily driving needs in terms of miles? How much city vs. highway? Will you have the ability to charge at your work/destinations?

dchiu411 said:
TD

This is what the dealer replied about range.
So I just looked at the dashboard, it's charged up to 94% and the range is at 64 miles, which means fully charged will probably get you 76 miles, 80 tops.

64 miles concerns me.
With it's SOH(state of health) it will probably only charge up to 94% no matter how long you leave it charging. For the dealer to say going from 94% to 100% is going to give you another 12 to 16 miles is laughable, if the car would actually charge to 100%(which I kind of doubt) it would be lucky to give you another 4 miles or so.
To put it another way, at the rate of 6%=14 miles that would mean that 100% would equal 233 miles :shock: :lol:
I'd say with a fully charged battery 64 to maybe 68 miles tops, you'd be REAL hard pressed to get 70, maybe hypermiling on a downhill trip.

Back