marcwill
Delivery Date: 09 Jul 2018
Leaf Number: 024947

Forum noob with a FS question

Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Hi all! I've been a proud & happy Leaf owner since 2016, but we're soon to move out of state to a downtown building where I won't have much need for my own car any more. (Also, I don't relish the thought of the very long drive to Oregon). Is there info I should have up front when putting up my FS post? I've lurked for a bit unregistered, but haven't seen a post detailing such.

Bob
Delivery Date: 30 May 2013

Re: Forum noob with a FS question

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:27 am

I believe you need to be a paying member of this list to post "for sale" ads. It doesn't cost much.

However, readers of this list are probably not your target market. Almost all readers already own cars. You might be better with a posting on Craig's List or in the local newspaper.

I could be wrong.

Bob

brotherjethro
Delivery Date: 03 May 2017

Tue Jul 10, 2018 1:02 pm

I gather from your message that you're moving to Oregon, possibly Portland?

Just an FYI, the climate in the NW is perfect for keeping your Leaf battery healthy, and there are lots of chargers around the Portland area. Just food for thought if you're still on the fence about keeping it.
2013 Pearl White SV, bought used in 2017 with only 5100 miles. Vancouver, WA.

GRA

Tue Jul 10, 2018 6:11 pm

As the OP is talking about moving to where they can go car-less (good for them), the NW's excellent climate for battery longevity is probably moot, and doesn't outweigh the cost of keeping the car when it's unneeded.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”