Is it possible to upgrade the nav system

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

craig34220

Hello,
I've just bought a used Leaf 2014 S without nav, no touchscreen for settings. Is it possible to upgrade that with a unit from an SV or SL model? Possibly from a wrecking yard salvage? Is all the necessary wiring harness standard in all models, regardless of the grade?
Thx

Few things are impossible, but this is one of those that would be considered "Too much work for the reward." It isn't a good nav system, and the S doesn't appear to be built with the necessary connections, because no Leaf S has this as an option. It's one of the ways they save money on the S.

I realize it's not a great nav.system, I work for a Toyota dealer and most of the Toyotas have some of the same wiring harness regardless of grade with the unused connections taped off , saving money on producing multiple harness , I was hoping Nissan did something similar
thx

An out-of-service Android phone running Google Maps with offline saved maps will be a far better Nav system than the one Nissan included. An in-service Android or iOS phone running Waze or Google Maps (not offline) will blow away the one Nissan included. (paying for XM not required for traffic and the maps are up-to-date without paying $300)

(bonus while using the phone approach: you can also run Leaf Spy Pro, which you really want to do)

Back