What's with Seat belt warning sign 2018 nissan leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dimeEV

I bought my first EV , with lots of hope and excitement.
Leaf 2018, took delivery yesterday 8/28/2018 at 7:30 pm. Today while driving in morning, I noticed the Seat Belt warning sign came up.
I could not get rid of it, did every thing that i could.
Took back to dealership service shop today and they want to keep it for a day or two to troubleshoot.
Whats wrong with it... very discouraging, just drove off the lot with new car and back to service next day.
Anyone had experienced anything like this?

Dime

I got my 2018 Leaf S in September, but I haven't experience any problems like that.

I did, however, have minor problems with mine:
1. One of the wiper blades were was not properly secured. This was caught at the dealership, before I drove it off the lot on a rainy day.
2. The tires were extremely over inflated. Recommended is 36 psi, but they were at 45 psi each.

Maybe there was a loose seat belt buckle connector on your model.

Just got the same on my 2018 with 14k miles.
It seems pass seat periodically decides somebody is in it and complains about seat belt not being fastened. It also usually turns on pass airbag back on (the "off" light goes away). Clicking pass seat belt in and out usually clears the warning. So it's either a software bug or the weight sensor in the seat is on a fritz.. I'll mention it on the next service- don't get passengers in front much so not urgent

Back