Just bought a 2018 SV, have a couple of questions.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Thick8

Hi all,
This car is pretty darn great. I drove the 80 miles to work and back today with ProPilot turned on the whole way. Saw stuff on the drive that I've never noticed before. Just kinda looked around and let the car do its thing.
I ran up to Lowes this evening and on the way back the lane keeping feature wouldn't engage on the same road that I drove home from work on with it engaged. It's a freshly paved road with shiny new lines. I read that it works day or night. Did Nissan change the software to disable ProPilot at dusk? What gives?
The charger that came with the car has a 50 amp plug but can I run it off of a 30 amp circuit? Is the 6.6 Kw what it draws from the wall or is that the rate of charge? Pulling 27.5 amps through a 30 amp breaker and 10/3 wire is doable but I'm not sure of the plug will hold up. Anyone running their charger though a 30 amp circuit for the full 8 hours?
Thanks.
John

Thick8 said:
The charger that came with the car has a 50 amp plug but can I run it off of a 30 amp circuit? Is the 6.6 Kw what it draws from the wall or is that the rate of charge? Pulling 27.5 amps through a 30 amp breaker and 10/3 wire is doable but I'm not sure of the plug will hold up. Anyone running their charger though a 30 amp circuit for the full 8 hours?
It is not a charger. For L1 and L2 charging, the charger is on-board the car. The external unit is an EVSE.

It's 6.6 kW from the wall on a Leaf. The bolded part is a no no.

This has been discussed numerous times in several threads like http://mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=26&t=26246&hilit=30+amp+50+amp+circuit.

Thank you for that. I'll just run a dedicated 50 amp 8/3 line tomorrow.
My boss and I were discussing a raise to take on some extra duties at work and I told hime I want a 240/50 plug installed in lieu of a .50 an hour raise. He said "all I have to do is put in a plug. No problem." This morning when he saw my car he said "you were serious." I said yep and I will need it installed by Tuesday. So the house plug will just be a backup.
I will be commuting 80 (mostly highway) miles a day with about 10 miles of errand running . I will be charging daily at work. I'm a conservative driver (60 mph) and drove with ECO and e-pedal on today. Anything I should be concerned about?

Back