Headlights/parking lights

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BuffaloBillsfan

I sit in my car at work for about an hour before I need to go in. It's my routine. Now that I have the '18 leaf, how do I turn the headlights off without turning the car off? I turned the switch to off but it's still almost just as bright as the headlights. I have leafspy if that helps at all.

BuffaloBillsfan said:
I sit in my car at work for about an hour before I need to go in. It's my routine. Now that I have the '18 leaf, how do I turn the headlights off without turning the car off? I turned the switch to off but it's still almost just as bright as the headlights. I have leafspy if that helps at all.
I shut off the car, engage the emergency brake then restart, the headlights only come on when emergency brake is disengaged.
Mine is a 16 but worth a try

I have looked everywere in the manual the forums for an answer to this question: What button did I push?

When I first got the car (2016 SV 30 kWh), I could turn on the head lights and the telematics screen would automatically dim. The screen no longer does that. I have to go through the display settings to set it in Night or Day mode. I believe I do NOT have the "automatic" headlight feature that turns headlights off when the car goes off because I always get a warning that they are on when I turn the car off.

I also have Leafspy but I can't imagine what I might have done in that app to change the behavior.

Did I push a button to change this behavior?

Thank you for any help.

JTim said:
I have looked everywere in the manual the forums for an answer to this question: What button did I push?

When I first got the car (2016 SV 30 kWh), I could turn on the head lights and the telematics screen would automatically dim. The screen no longer does that. I have to go through the display settings to set it in Night or Day mode. I believe I do NOT have the "automatic" headlight feature that turns headlights off when the car goes off because I always get a warning that they are on when I turn the car off.

I also have Leafspy but I can't imagine what I might have done in that app to change the behavior.

Did I push a button to change this behavior?

Probably:

PXo4Cy9.png

I don't know about the telematics screen cause I have an S...

I do know that if you want only the radio, you DO NO PRESS THE BRAKE, and lightly press the "start" button once. That gives you the radio, but the rest of the car is dead... If you press start again (no brake) the car's accessories and dash all work, including a/c, radio, and power windows.

Back