New member, used 2015-S

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kbhag63

Hello everyone, new EV owner here with a 2015-S 29K, 12 bars just came off 2 year 10 month lease, car was local to me always in Connecticut, paid $10,200. Leaf Spy shows SOH at 89.04%. Car fax showed no accidents and routine service from local dealership.

32 miles round trip for me each day and 41 for my wife so it seemed like a good move all around, your thoughts?

My first jump into electric, been waiting 25 years for electric vehicles and so far love it!

Ken
Central Connecticut

The SOH seems a little bit low for a 2015 Northeastern car. I'm guessing it was kept at 100% charge a lot. You may want to try to guesstimate and unplug early to keep it below 90% unless needed. That should slow further degradation.

We think alike leftiebiker, doing an L2 install within the next 2 weeks do you know if the Juicebox 40 pro allows for charge stopping at pre determined levels? AKA set it to stop at 90%.

Ken, CT

^^^
I believe so, but it's just an educated guess by the EVSE, at best.

There is nothing in the J1772 protocol for the car to tell the EVSE what the car's state of charge is. See https://openev.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/6000052074-basics-of-sae-j1772.

For DC fast charging (e.g. CHAdeMO), they use a different protocol and the external charger can know.

Back