GerryAZ
Gold Member
Delivery Date: 12 Jun 2011

Re: Leaf Spy @ 2013 24kWh - verification request

Tue Dec 04, 2018 6:32 pm

Connect a battery charger to the 12-volt battery and try clearing the DTC's. Most of them are typical for a low 12-volt battery. I recommend that you return the car for a refund if any of the error codes fail to clear. The number of QC and L1/L2 charge cycles is way high for the odometer reading--this could be due to previous drivers topping off the battery after driving only short distances. Deep-cycling the battery may improve the accuracy of the LEAF Spy readings and could result in loss of one or more capacity bars as the BMS learns the true battery capacity. It is possible, but not likely that the AHr, SOH, and Hx numbers could improve after deep-cycling the battery.

It should be noted that comments here about manufacture date and battery chemistry apply to USA Leafs and may not be valid for Leafs made in Japan or the UK.
Gerry
Silver LEAF 2011 SL rear ended (totaled) by in-attentive driver 1/4/2015 at 50,422 miles
Silver LEAF 2015 SL purchased 2/7/2015

LeftieBiker
Delivery Date: 30 Apr 2018

Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:17 pm

It should be noted that comments here about manufacture date and battery chemistry apply to USA Leafs and may not be valid for Leafs made in Japan or the UK.

Good point. It keeps slipping my mind that this is a European Leaf.
Scarlet Ember 2018 Leaf SL W/ Pro Pilot
2009 Vectrix VX-1 W/18 Leaf modules, & 3 EZIP E-bicycles.
PLEASE don't PM me with Leaf questions. Just post in the topic that seems most appropriate.

majkel
Delivery Date: 03 Dec 2013
Leaf Number: 000587

Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:15 am

Thanks you guys for looking into this guy.
Yes, it is european one, manufactured date: 16th April 2013.
I alredy made almost 1k km with it and the 12th bar is still here ;-) I'm wondering if it shouldn't drop already if it was fake 12th bar.

I can confirm that it had dead 12v battery for some time, so those errors might result from this. I tried clearing the DTC's with Leaf Spy Pro app several times, with no result yet. Will read how to properly do it (in Leaf Spy Pro manual) and will try again.

Yes, most probably it has made this number of QC and L1/L2 charge, because this guy drove as a Taxi for past 2-3 years. But I remember reading somewhere about DC charging having a good influence on battery life for 24kwh Leafs. Maybe that is still valid statement?

Also, this is one of the reasons why I doubt it has only that much on odometer. It should have like 20-30k km more, but I don't have how to prove it .

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”