price for 2014 leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ulanigold

totally new to all this. I am considering a 2014 leaf with 20,000 miles on it. They want almost 10.000
for it. I think that is high. It had 2 previous owners living in San Jose and Santa Clara.
It is down 2 bars. I live in Humboldt and plan to drive it 20miles RT hi way miles. So easy user.
What do you think? I am getting a $5000.00 grant to help me buy this.
someone mentioned Pg&E giving out some money. Does this apply to used vehicles?
I am getting them to fully charge it and send me a pic of the dash so I can see how many miles it indicates I have. Is that at all accurate? I have read about leaf spy but I am technically at about
4 bars.
Thanks
I appreciate the support
I have to buy this car at a dealer. That's part of the deal. I find that the salesmen know less about electric vehicles than I do. Now I know I am in trouble

You need to give more info, especially the trim level: S, SV or SL. An SL with premium Package might be worth almost that with 10 bars, but not an S and probably not an SV. What are your range needs?

It is an SV and as I said I will only be driving 20 miles RT on a slow hi way and not every day
Thanks
What do you think it is worth? It is low mileage.

ulanigold said:
It is an SV and as I said I will only be driving 20 miles RT on a slow hi way and not every day
Thanks
What do you think it is worth? It is low mileage.

Mileage for a Leaf is of little importance. The year and the fact that it has a 10 bar battery are FAR more important in determining its worth than the mileage. Craigslist for SF Bay area lists LOTS of 2013 Leafs for about 7-8k (most probably with 12 bars) and a number of 2014 Leafs for 8-9k, also probably most with 12 bars. 10K for a 10Bar Leaf is a bit high.

Yes, the deteriorated battery makes it worth much less. Depending on what if any option packages it has, it's worth between $5k and maybe $7500 if both option packages are installed and it's nice. I'll bump up my used Leaf buying guide tonight, and link it here.

Back