Page 5 of 6

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Thu May 09, 2019 4:08 pm
by cwerdna
^^^
Yep on all the above.

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 9:51 am
by danix
First off, many thanks to everyone who replied on this thread. I now know a lot about the Leaf and if anyone in the SF area needs to run a test or similar, message me.

Shift would not take the car unless title was in my name. I had to register it, pay tax, and wait for the title. Title came yesterday, and this morning I sold the car to Shift. I end up with a slight profit and lots of valuable knowledge. :)

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 12:16 pm
by SageBrush
^^ lucky guy.

Shift can change its name to Shaft now

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 5:14 pm
by cwerdna
^^^
Indeed! Congrats to the OP! You REALLY lucked out!

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Sat May 18, 2019 10:17 pm
by Lothsahn
danix wrote:First off, many thanks to everyone who replied on this thread. I now know a lot about the Leaf and if anyone in the SF area needs to run a test or similar, message me.

Shift would not take the car unless title was in my name. I had to register it, pay tax, and wait for the title. Title came yesterday, and this morning I sold the car to Shift. I end up with a slight profit and lots of valuable knowledge. :)
Congrats!

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:57 am
by danix
Coming soon for $9400, but you can buy a warranty :)
https://shift.com/car/c136492

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 1:05 pm
by LeftieBiker
That's the car you bought with a degraded battery? They are advertising a completely incorrect range, obviously.

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 4:12 pm
by SageBrush
LeftieBiker wrote:That's the car you bought with a degraded battery? They are advertising a completely incorrect range, obviously.
Yeah ... they say 75 miles when it should be 74 :lol:

That is the Monroney label data, right ?

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 7:52 pm
by LeftieBiker
Dealers should never post the original range number for a 5+ year old EV without explicitly noting it as such.

Re: Bought a 2013 Leaf With Low Capacity

Posted: Thu May 23, 2019 8:02 pm
by SageBrush
LeftieBiker wrote:Dealers should never post the original range number for a 5+ year old EV without explicitly noting it as such.
Because you said so ? This moderator gig is going to your head.