Just talked to a Nissan dealer

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

I know that Nissan isn't taking any new reservations yet but I have the LEAF fever so I went and talked to a dealer. One thing he said that raised an eyebrow was that "they couldn't cut any deals." I told him that I has surfed the web and Nissan dealers WERE cutting deals.

He then told me that they weren't suppose to and they were getting spanked for doing that and blah, blah, blah...

What do you guys think? Was he feeding me a line? Should I just write that dealership off my list?

My understanding is that, like any other car, the pricing is up to the dealer. However, I've also heard the margins on the LEAF are very slim. Maybe it's *his* boss that doesn't want them cutting deals, not Nissan...

Luft said:
I know that Nissan isn't taking any new reservations yet but I have the LEAF fever so I went and talked to a dealer. One thing he said that raised an eyebrow was that "they couldn't cut any deals." I told him that I has surfed the web and Nissan dealers WERE cutting deals.

He then told me that they weren't suppose to and they were getting spanked for doing that and blah, blah, blah...

What do you guys think? Was he feeding me a line? Should I just write that dealership off my list?

Check out the many threads and posts on this issue.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1225

Use the Goggle search option on the top of the search page for best results.

Have fun .......

The only thing you might want to consider is service relationship with that dealer, since it is close and convenient. Otherwise write him off the list.

Two dealers closest to my house would not make any deals. One of them finally offered a fraction of what I was able to get from a dealer farther away. I chose Mossy Nissan in San Diego, even though they are 87miles away. If EVs is really maintenance free as their reputation makes them out to be, I'm not too worry. Besides, you don't have to have your car serviced by the dealer where you get it from. BTW, I have nothing against those dealers...it's their choice...and I also have my choice.

Some other Nissan dealers closer than 87 miles away may have given me the same discount, maybe, but I went with the first one who was willing to deal with me and I felt was honest and comfortable with.

It is all Blah, blah, blah to talk to a dealer until you have your dashboard open to request a quote(RAQ)
If you want on the dealer orphan list that is up to you but please accept the price without complaint.

Otherwise sign up on the Nissan website and wait, wait, wait. Many of us signed up about a year ago and are still waiting for the vehicles to be delivered. Actually you are in better shape as production and deliveries have now started and will ramp up very soon. Yes there are some deals to be had but that is up to the dealer.

There is absolutely no reason to purchase the car from the same place you have it serviced. I went through three dealers until I found one who would sell it at $1000 under MSRP (Boardwalk Nissan in the bay area). You may just have to find out from other local buyers who is giving a deal.

Googler said:
There is absolutely no reason to purchase the car from the same place you have it serviced. I went through three dealers until I found one who would sell it at $1000 under MSRP (Boardwalk Nissan in the bay area). You may just have to find out from other local buyers who is giving a deal.

Particularly an EV.

It is a standard line for a car salesman to tell you "I would love to give you a discount but were not supposed to". Just be very up front with what your looking for. Ex; A $1000 off MSRP. Make it clear that if they give you that deal, you will buy from them. If you know exactly what you want when you walk in, you will be far more likely to get it.

Back