ChrisA
Delivery Date: 13 Dec 2017
Leaf Number: 424640

Poor lighting while turning

Wed Jun 05, 2019 12:52 pm

First of all, love this Leaf. But I could use some guidance. I notice while turning into my driveway, that the turning area is completely black until I nearly complete the turn. In other words, I could turn off a cliff and wouldn't know it until I was halfway down. I can't see a thing on the sides of the car when I'm turning either direction. My Leaf, like most, has the "plugs" where fog lights could go. I'm tempted to have them installed to see if I can improve my turning sight. But if all they do is light up the road in front of me, then that won't help. I imagine some of you have fog lights. Do they help you see when you turn? I'm very surprised that I'm not finding more people who are concerned about this, as it is a safety hazard, especially for pedestrians who may be approaching, since I won't see them until I hit them. Thanks for your help. Chris

Titanium48
Delivery Date: 25 Jan 2019

Re: Poor lighting while turning

Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:07 pm

Fog lights tend to spill a lot of light to the sides so they would probably help, but I can't say for sure because I hardly ever make sharp turns in poorly lit areas. I suspect most owners would say the same - streets in most urban areas are so brightly lit that you could see fairly well with no headlights at all.

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”