Hello All...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

limelightpower

Hey there to everyone here on the forum. Just joined, obviously. Been in the renewable energy industry going on about 4 years now. Have been tossing around the idea of getting a Leaf, or perhaps some custom EV conversion (have driven a few - Tesla's a little out of my price range)... and basically thought I would come here to see what other people were saying, to see what news I could dig up and to get feedback on what others think of their vehicles, etc, etc... live in NYC, however have weekend house in CT, 90 miles driving from my apartment...

Also very interested to find inexpensive Level 2 charging units - I like Coulomb, but too fancy / expensive, don't need all the bells and whistles...

THx,

Ken

Welcome! Despite what you may read here, I think it's safe to say the majority of us LOVE our LEAFs. For the most part, any bitching you see going on is just us nitpicking and trying to understand a new car. As for EVSEs, check out Ingineer's mod for the travel charger (which is included). Since the base cost of it is already included with the car, it's a very affordable option - and portable to boot. The links are in my sig...

limelightpower said:
...however have weekend house in CT, 90 miles driving from my apartment...
Hey Ken, welcome to the forum!

If you don't mind a half-way pitstop, the LEAF would be fine for the (very) occasional freeway 90 mile trip unless there is a DC Quick Charge station in the area. Otherwise I would suggest going with a PHEV (plug-in hybrid EV) until battery capacities increase.

Back