Could someone measure the width of the back seat ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GrumpyCabbie

Could a Leaf owner measure the width of the back seat for me? Would prefer measurement in metric but inches would be fine. I need the exact width of the widest part of the seat itself.

Unusual request but there is a reason :)

Thanks

More from the forum Reference Documents section. Converted to metric (mm).

Interior Dimensions – Inches
Head room (front/rear) 41.2/37.3 – 1046.48 mm / 947.42 mm
Leg room (front/rear) 42.1/31.1 – 1069.34 mm / 789.94 mm
Hip room (front/rear) 51.5/50.0 – 1308.1 mm/1270 mm
Shoulder room (front/rear) 54.4/52.5 – 1384.3 mm/1333.5mm
Knee room (rear) 23.9 – 607.06 mm

Sometimes I have useful information, not just snark.

I'm looking at the possibility of using a Leaf as a taxi here in the UK but as it is a small car I need to see if it meets my local taxi office minimum requirements. It appears that at 49.5 inches of seat width (not including gaps between seat and door) the Leaf meets the minimum rear seat width of 48 inches. The following is an extract of the local taxi regs;

The vehicle must be of a sufficient size to comfortably accommodate the number of passengers the vehicle will be licensed to carry, (the minimum number being 4), and have rear seat width with not less than 48 inches being clear of any obstruction such as handles or arm rests.

So I trust the Leaf complies?

Also, is anyone able to check the luggage requirements as follows;

Luggage space must be minimum of 0.5 cubic metres and be physically separated from the passenger seating.

So can I fit a 50cm x 50cm box in the boot/trunk of the Leaf? I'm guessing yes but would be really grateful if someone could confirm.

Cheers

Back