Any Deliveries to the non-Launch States Yet?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pipemajor

Those of us in the "left out" 43 are getting antsy...

Heard a rumor Nissan has also reopened reservations in the original 7 (AZ, CA, HI, OR, TN, TX and WA) markets effective May 1?

"“Nissan is pleased to report that the first vessel carrying post earthquake-produced Nissan LEAFs is scheduled to arrive to U.S. shores April 27,” said Carlos Tavares, Chairman, Nissan Americas, at the keynote address of the New York International Auto Show. “Nissan LEAF deliveries are about to grow from the few hundreds, to the many thousands, and all current customer orders will be fulfilled by the end of this summer.”

More than 500 Nissan LEAFs have been delivered to U.S. consumers since the December 2010 launch."

http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/04/21/nissan-to-reopen-leaf-reservations-for-launch-markets-on-may-1/

Pipemajor said:
Those of us in the "left out" 43 are getting antsy...
Heard a rumor Nissan has also reopened reservations in the original 7 (AZ, CA, HI, OR, TN, TX and WA) markets effective May 1?
"“Nissan is pleased to report that the first vessel carrying post earthquake-produced Nissan LEAFs is scheduled to arrive to U.S. shores April 27,” said Carlos Tavares, Chairman, Nissan Americas, at the keynote address of the New York International Auto Show. “Nissan LEAF deliveries are about to grow from the few hundreds, to the many thousands, and all current customer orders will be fulfilled by the end of this summer.”
More than 500 Nissan LEAFs have been delivered to U.S. consumers since the December 2010 launch."
http://www.egmcartech.com/2011/04/21/nissan-to-reopen-leaf-reservations-for-launch-markets-on-may-1/

It's not a rumor, it's true. You would want one from TN anyway, so you can have the 'winterized' version with the battery pack heater, heated seats, mirrors, steering wheel, etc.

Pipemajor said:

They actually missed May 1st for reopening reservations, I think; it was... well, I got my e-mail about reserving on May 6th, and leapt on that like my horse does on hay. (I.e., immediately and with much enthusiasm.) But LEAFfan is right; you'd probably want the winterized version.

(Heck, I wouldn't mind the winterized version with the heated seats. I like heated seats.)

Yup, a winterized vehicle is an absolute MUST for Minnesota.

Wouldn't mind getting one of the Smyrna, TN produced LEAFs. I lived there 2nd-7th grade in the early 60's when they had the air base (my late old man was career USAF).

Talked to a colleague from Smyrna the other day. Said that sleepy little town I remember has tripled in size over the past 15 years. Still infamous for their speed traps though...

Also lived in the Seattle/Tacoma area for 26 years. Pacific Lutheran U alum here...

Back