Hello, I'm Brendan

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrendanDolan

Hi everyone,

My name is Brendan and I work at a *dun dun dun* Nissan dealer. :lol:

I'm super excited about the Leaf, and have a Black SL on order. Still figuring out how I'm going to get a charging station in my condo's parking garage. Might just have to charge it up while I'm working. I've been a big fan of EV's for awhile, and living on the peninsula, I get the pleasure of seeing Teslas all the time.

I've been picking through the net and trying my best to maintain a Leaf blog when I have some free time at work. Feel free to take a look!

I can't wait till mine shows up. In the mean time, I look forward to learning as much as I can. This looks like a great community, and I'm glad to have found it. :mrgreen:

Hey, Welcome.

You work at a Nissan dealer ? Anything you can share about your Leaf dealer experience ...

BrendanDolan said:
Hi everyone,

My name is Brendan and I work at a *dun dun dun* Nissan dealer. :lol:
Hi, Brendan, welcome aboard.

I live south of San Jose. So, tell me, is there some good reason I should drive right past the three San Jose area dealers and all the way up to Redwood City? Shucks, if I'm going that far, maybe I should go all the way up to Serramonte.

(Just thought I would see if I could get a little competition going for my business.)

I want to get a Black SL but I live in AZ where it is hot and black is I am told makes it get hotter and this could be bad for the batteries? Any one have a black car in the desert that can comment on this for me. I do not like a white car I have a white truck and I don't want to get something new and be a color I have had already.

Perhaps select on of the other "light" colors, the light blue or the silver.

The batteries are somewhat "shaded" by the car, so it is the internal temperature in the cabin that would get very hot, when parked in the sun.

Go to a dealer lot on a sunny day and experience the difference in temperatures yourself.

Sorry for the late replies everyone. I just launched a new website at work and I've been BURIED. Finally I'm back to having fun at work. :twisted:

evnow said:
Hey, Welcome.

You work at a Nissan dealer ? Anything you can share about your Leaf dealer experience ...
Sadly enough, we're in the dark about as much as consumers. I scour the net all the time try to stay ontop of everything, but what comes from Nissan USA is really thin...

planet4ever said:
Hi, Brendan, welcome aboard.

I live south of San Jose. So, tell me, is there some good reason I should drive right past the three San Jose area dealers and all the way up to Redwood City? Shucks, if I'm going that far, maybe I should go all the way up to Serramonte.

(Just thought I would see if I could get a little competition going for my business.)

1st: The best Pastrami in the world is one exit away from me, 2. our sales team isn't full of rude 1970's style salesmen, and 3. I'm a car guy who loves talking to other car guys. :D

Gonewild said:
I want to get a Black SL but I live in AZ where it is hot and black is I am told makes it get hotter and this could be bad for the batteries? Any one have a black car in the desert that can comment on this for me. I do not like a white car I have a white truck and I don't want to get something new and be a color I have had already.

Personal comfort wise, I wouldn't get a black car in AZ anyway. I spent 4 years in Prescott, and every weekend in Scottsdale, and my Dark Blue car was enough of an oven during the summer, so I wouldn't want to get any darker on the colors. I'm sure the battery will suffer some in the heat, but I don't think the color of the body will have as much to do with it as much as color of the pavement you're on and direct sunlight will.

Jimmydreams said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
sorry to be dense but what is "dun dun dun"?

Take your pick:
http://www.freesound.org/samplesViewSingle.php?id=45654

or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y8Kyi0WNg40

or
http://www.dramabutton.com/

Those should enlighten.
:lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Back