How fast does the LEAF lose charge when sitting and on?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luft

How quickly does the LEAF use electricity when it is on but not moving. (Assume all accessories are turned off.)

I have a 2008 Prius and I have noticed that when I sit in a traffic jam I lose a lot of battery power even just sitting there while the engine is shut down. The battery can go almost flat in about 30 – 45 minutes even if I'm not moving forward and thus using the juice to move the vehicle.

Luft said:
How quickly does the LEAF use electricity when it is on but not moving. (Assume all accessories are turned off.)

I have a 2008 Prius and I have noticed that when I sit in a traffic jam I lose a lot of battery power even just sitting there while the engine is shut down. The battery can go almost flat in about 30 – 45 minutes even if I'm not moving forward and thus using the juice to move the vehicle.
On but all accessories off... Maybe 50 watts? So you could leave your car on for 20 days before it was dead... :D

The energy screen on my Leaf shows about 200 watts when car is turned on, but all accessories are off. So about 120 hours for me, or almost 5 days.

Note that your LEAF battery has around 30 times the usable capacity of the one in the Prius. So the Prius battery drains faster. But the two have different purposes. And one has an ICE to recharge it. :)

Back