RSS feed?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Apparently not. I'm not getting an "RSS available" indicator in Firefox. But there is a mod available for phpBB to add an RSS feed to the forum, of course it's up to the admins if they choose to install it. This would be a handy feature.

As an admin of a phpBB forum, I would like to emphatically point out that mods are a big pain in the ass every time a security update for phpBB rolls out.

Bicster said:
As an admin of a phpBB forum, I would like to emphatically point out that mods are a big pain in the ass every time a security update for phpBB rolls out.

Orcourse here you mean by mods - modifications rather than moderators :lol:

Yes, any change to original build would be a pain - unless the add ons are kept updated. Don't know how good the phpBB community is in that - I've never administered a phpBB board. Always wrote my own s/w. :twisted:

i'll do some digging and see what I can find - thanks for the suggestion!

garygid said:
What is the potential benefit?

It's a different way to interact with a forum. In a RSS feed reading program (I use Mozilla Thunderbird) you can subscribe to the areas you're interested in.
You then can screen the titles (and more, depending on your settings) of new posts.
I prefere this to regularly going to the forum and scanning for updates.

-Bill

OK, thanks.

I use the "view active topics" feature of this forum so that it is easy for me to go directly to, and then quickly read, all of the new posts, no matter what category.

I suspect that running an RSS feed-generator will take some "PC" resources, and I do not know how much this forum's server has to spare.

I certainly enjoy that is one of the best-responding forums that I have used (very little advertising or tracking overhead), but it is still small (but growing).

RSS Feed has been added....

It won't take any more resources than viewing the 'active topics'.

Got it, thanks!

I used the easy cop out. I clicked the add RSS feed to Internet Explorer
copied the URL to Microsoft Outlook
deleted the IE feed
good to go

Actually, quite simple (duh, and I am a high tech computer guy)!

:geek:

Back