Ordered the Leaf Today. How to Negotiate MRSP Price ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jopeters

Well, I ordered the 2012 Nissan SL LEAF today online. Waiting on hearing from my local Nissan dealership in the upcoming days. I will be trading in my Nissan Sentra 4DR 2007 (good shape, 22,000 miles) in for a Leaf. Should get $5000-$6000 + for my trade in…..

My question is, how do I negotiate a price off the MRSP price off the Leaf. It was around $38,000 with a few accessories added ($900) Online MRSP price. I know a dealer has to make money, so what could I ask off that would be a fair offer? Ordering online, I just don’t know how to go about things, not used to this way of buying a car. My Sentra is a nice car..hope I'm doing to the right thing. Our daily commute is 50 miles round trip.

I’ve got to stay on a budget, to justify buying this car. I have owned many Nissan's for the last 20 years, I'm a loyal customer.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

JP

Dealers have commonly been granting discounts of $500-$1000 below MSRP. But don't think that your dealer won't play traditional "dealer games" when your Leaf is eventually delivered; mine insisted on dealer financing plus a bunch of semi-worthless dealer add-ons (upholstery protection, "hidden" VIN etching on windows, etc.).
Search this forum for information on dealers - there is an entire thread dedicated to "Dealers selling below MSRP".

Ok, I will try to search and find the info, there is so much information on here, sometimes it hard to find.

So, $1000 deduction from the dealer is what to be expected from the MRSP. I was hoping around the $1650 range (5%). I live in the Austin, TX area. I have about three dealerships to choose from.......oh well, if it don't work out, I still have a nice Nissan Sentra ;)
JP

If you have not requested and gotten a price QUOTE (RAQ), and ACCEPTED that dealer's price, then you have not yet ORDERED.

How to:
1.Negotiate with several dealers (by phone or phone),
2. get a written quote that you will accept,
3. THEN do the on-line RAQ with that dealer,
4. check their "quote" for loopholes (like offering MUCH lower for your trade-in on LEAF-delivery day),
5. accept their quote if you are happy with it ...

THEN, you should have a deal that you can live with.

Back