Hopefully a new owner soon!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EricBayArea

I have been lurking on this forum for a few months now. My wife and I are supposed to be getting our Red 2011 Leaf in September and are very excited. We are also signing up for the eTec free in-home charger. I have been reading all sorts of information here about the car, the charger, and it has been very helpful.

One question I couldn't find an answer too, albeit pretty trivial, for the SL model with the PV panel that helps to keep the 12v accessory battery charged, what charges that battery when the sun is not up or it is simply drained too quickly?

Also, from my research, the 12v accessory battery is used for things like the navigation head unit, speakers, gauges. Is it used for the fan that powers HVAC ducts? I know it does NOT power the AC compressor or the heating element, but what about the fans? If I'm driving and want some outside air, can I just turn the fans on for some outside temperature air or does that use the pack's battery?

Thanks!

The fan is run by the 12v system. In general everything that is run by the 12v battery on an ICE also runs the same on the Leaf: windshield wipers, lights, flashers, fan, radio, etc.

Back