Interior seems a bit light

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

djbleaf

OK, new to this site, new to this car. Didn't realize when I agreed to join the EV project I would also be driving a car with a WHITE interior. Does anyone have any ideas on how to "prep" this car to survive in the real world and not look like a dirty rag after a year of driving? I've already priced seat covers and console re-cover, anyone on this "reality check" yet? I almost spilled my coffee this morning!
Thanks,
TNLeaf

What does the EV project have to do with the cleanliness of your seats? Are you storing your EVSE on your seat or are you saying the EV movement is a dirty thing? Since you are 6405 did you not look at the interior of a LEAF before buying?

djbleaf said:
OK, new to this site, new to this car. Didn't realize when I agreed to join the EV project I would also be driving a car with a WHITE interior. Does anyone have any ideas on how to "prep" this car to survive in the real world and not look like a dirty rag after a year of driving? I've already priced seat covers and console re-cover, anyone on this "reality check" yet? I almost spilled my coffee this morning!
Thanks,
TNLeaf

It's actually a light gray interior. If you bought, I would recommend the WO seat covers (check the seat cover thread). If you leased, I would recommend the $40 K-Mart covers made for airbags (front seats and headrests). I couldn't find them at the other discount stores, like WalMart, Target, AutoZone, O'Reilly's (was Checkers), or Costco, etc. Personally, I don't like spraying chemicals on my seats.

I've had mine unprotected for six months so far and it still looks pretty good. I'm not quite sure if it's still "factory fresh", but it's holding up better than I expected. Of course, I don't have any kids, and I don't work construction or anything...

After having the light interior, though, I'll tell you that getting in a car with a dark interior seems claustrophobic now. The lightness really make the car feel more open and approachable.

GeekEV said:
I've had mine unprotected for six months so far and it still looks pretty good. I'm not quite sure if it's still "factory fresh", but it's holding up better than I expected. Of course, I don't have any kids, and I don't work construction or anything...

+1. 7 months, 7100 miles and my interior is still factory fresh. I don't eat or drink in my cars, or allow such to happen by other passengers (bottled water excepted). And it gets regular a regular vacuum and dusting. I don't get in my car after having done dirty chores without either a shower or change. Or at least, if I can't do that, without putting down a towel on the driver's seat. I have had some small dirt marks that I remove with a product called Folex:

http://www.folexcompany.com/

Like EVDriver, I find myself fairly incredulous that you could be this far along with your car purchase without knowing that the car only came with one color interior. One, I might add, that has been the same since the car was first previewed in late 2009! :shock:

On one hand, I agree with the comment about dark interiors... I've only had dark interiors before, and now on the rare occasion that I get in the wife's car (Black WRX with dark grey interior), it feels really enclosed and small. Never expected that.

On the other hand, I've got some minor stains on my center console cover already... Gotta get covers ASAP to minimize damage. Now that I see the difference a light shade will make, I'll probably split the difference and go with a medium shade.

I really appreciate the feedback! I dont want to spray scotchgard either, I will ck with dealer as this is a lease. Put seatcover on, I guess I could create "rules" for myself and riders but this is supposed to be a car for "the masses", gotta think about these things!
and no, I never got a test drive or saw a Leaf until it was ordered

Back