Too-Full PM Mailbox rejects PMs

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

garygid

If your PM mail "inbox" is too-full, then your mailbox will not accept any more PMs (messages).

The "full" mark is 25 messages for regular-members, and 250 messages for donors-members.

If your "inbox" is at your limit, you must move (or delete) messages to allow new (or waiting) messeges to be sent to you.

I have messages waiting for 4 different people.

Your post confused me at first, Gary. I had never heard of "regular messages" vs. "donor messages". I finally realized that you were really referring to "regular members" vs. "donor members". i.e. if you have donated money to the board your message limit is raised from 25 to 250.

Ray

I'm so popular (or maybe I just keep old email too long) that I'm always bumping up against the limit. However, I always know I've got messages waiting....I get email notifications AND I can see the new messages prompt on the top left of the forum page. ;)

garygid said:
If your PM InBox is full, the messages appear to just sit (unsent) in the sender's OutBox, with NO notification to the recipient of "held" messages.
They may sit in your outbox, but they also definitely show up as "new" messages to the recipient. You can't read them until you clear space, but you clearly get notified they're waiting.

Really?
My experience (maybe last year) seemed different ... that MY InBox was full (at 25) and it seemed that I was NOT getting any indication of PMs waiting to show up.

But, maybe I was wrong, or things have changed.

If you have a full (25/25) Inbox, we can test it.

garygid said:
Really?
My experience (maybe last year) seemed different ... that MY InBox was full (at 25) and it seemed that I was NOT getting any indication of PMs waiting to show up.

But, maybe I was wrong, or things have changed.

If you have a full (25/25) Inbox, we can test it.
25--so before you were a donor? Must have been quite a while ago. Maybe behavior has changed as the site has evolved.

Back