QUESTION ABOUT SETTING THE CLOCK

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulF806

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO CHANGE THE CLOCK ON THE DASHBOARD? IT SHOWS THE SAME TIME AS THE CLOCK ON THE TOUCHSCREEN, BUT IT SAYS "AM" AND NOT "PM" AND VISA VERSA. IN OTHER WORDS, IT IS EXACTLY 12 HOURS OFF. THANKS, PAUL

I looked at page 2-28 and did not see anything about the clock. I am having the same situation. Any advice.

rkshack

Well, it IS in the manuals gentlepersons. It's possible that the page numbers have moved in the newer manuals, but it won't be by very many pages. The one behind the steering wheel is in the section of the Owner's Manual called "Trip Computer", and the one on the touchscreen is in the Navi System manual on page 1-16. The section is called "Clock Settings".

More specifically for the one behind the steering wheel, Owners manual -> Instruments and controls -> Dot matrix liquid crystal display -> Trip computer -> Settings. Yes, that certainly isn't the most logical structuring I can imagine.

It should also be noted that the two clocks are not synchronized with each other, though the one on the console display is synchronized with CarWings. Many people find the one on the dash runs fast -- mine gains about 2 minutes per month. Neither of them adjusts automatically for Daylight Savings Time. If you use DST, the one on the dash will have to be spun forward 23 hours next fall. Over on the console you will need to turn off the DST switch. (Menu -> Settings -> Others -> Clock -> Daylight savings time -> OFF)

And while we're on the subject, if someone is puzzled because they don't see a console clock, follow that same Menu path and set On-screen Clock -> ON. This is the more important one, because it is the one that charging and climate control timers are based on. It is always running whether you see it or not, but if you can't see it you may be very confused about timer behavior.

Ray

Isn't it fiendish that the dash clock always runs fast, but you can't go "backwards" using the setting buttons? It's the little things that make it so special.

"I knew that."
- Arthur Fonzarelli

Actually, I did know that, since I always tell CarWings it is not allowed to communicate, yet my console clock keeps perfect time. But, hey, CarWings, GPS, whatever, it's all some kind of mysterious radio waves.

Ray

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."
- Arthur C. Clarke

I have found the sections but my question is why is the nav clock 12 hours off. I have set a 12 hour offset but why do I need to do that?

rkshack

rkshack said:
I have found the sections but my question is why is the nav clock 12 hours off. I have set a 12 hour offset but why do I need to do that?

rkshack

Did you set the correct time zone?

Nubo said:
rkshack said:

rkshack

Did you set the correct time zone?

Yes it says eastern. The nav clock has the correct time it is just am instead of pm and vice versa.
rkshack

Only Nissan could build a clock that is 5 minutes off every few months. That may be a world record for digital clock inaccuracy. I will have to add restating the clock to pushing "ok" on the NAV soon.

WRT the original question, it is possible that the dealer set the dash clock wrong when prepping the car. I suppose it is an easy mistake to make.

As for the many comments about the dash clock running fast, I wonder if that has changed for newer cars/software? I haven't reset mine in months and I just noticed a couple of days ago that the dash clock was a whole two seconds ahead of the console clock. Not something I am going to get hot and bothered over.

dgpcolorado said:
WRT the original question, it is possible that the dealer set the dash clock wrong when prepping the car. I suppose it is an easy mistake to make.

As for the many comments about the dash clock running fast, I wonder if that has changed for newer cars/software? I haven't reset mine in months and I just noticed a couple of days ago that the dash clock was a whole two seconds ahead of the console clock. Not something I am going to get hot and bothered over.

That was the problem. The navigation clock was correct. The clock in the dash was the only one wrong. Oops.

Rkshack

No, it is that instead of using a crystal as a reference for the clock oscillator, Nissan choose a cheaper but less accurate resonator. Thus, there can be a lot of tolerance from clock to clock. You just got lucky and got a good one.

dgpcolorado said:

TomT said:
No, it is that instead of using a crystal oscillator as a reference for the clock, Nissan choose a cheaper but less accurate resonator. Thus, there can be a lot of tolerance from clock to clock. You just got lucky and got a good one.

dgpcolorado said:
Interesting, I never knew that.

Back