New Leaf Owner in DFW

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scarecrow

Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on this site for a while gathering information and we just took delivery of our Leaf this last Wednesday. What an awesome vehicle! The only problem we had was the dealer forgot to turn on the TCU so Carwings wasn't working. That only took about 5 minutes to fix. Otherwise, no complaints. We live south of Mansfield so there aren't a lot of chargers in our area, but it hasn't really been a problem. I use the car for around town driving and love the fact that I'm getting the equivalent of 100 mpg. That is nice :D

By the way, Phil, your product is amazing. We're using the modified charger to charge our Leaf and it works fine. Saved us a bundle on the cost of installing an "official" L2 charger in the garage. So thanks for that.

I'm hoping more people buy Leafs (Leaves?) so as to increase demand for more charging stations. I expect that will happen as fuel prices rise. Meanwhile, we're enjoying just driving around town and charging at home.

Welcome! If you have been lurking a while, you're already familiar with the topics and some of the personalities. Looking forward to your input as well, as we are still learning while awaiting delivery.

Scarecrow said:
Hi Everyone!

I've been lurking on this site for a while gathering information and we just took delivery of our Leaf this last Wednesday. What an awesome vehicle! The only problem we had was the dealer forgot to turn on the TCU so Carwings wasn't working. That only took about 5 minutes to fix. Otherwise, no complaints. We live south of Mansfield so there aren't a lot of chargers in our area, but it hasn't really been a problem. I use the car for around town driving and love the fact that I'm getting the equivalent of 100 mpg. That is nice :D

I'm also in DFW (Garland) and got my Leaf on 11/12/2011 (missed it by one day!). I have ordered Phil's mod, but for now using just 110v. Since my commute is 40 miles RT, that is not an issue. It has always been full when I go to work. Best car I ever got!

GaryG

Scarecrow said:
We live south of Mansfield so there aren't a lot of chargers in our area, but it hasn't really been a problem. I use the car for around town driving and love the fact that I'm getting the equivalent of 100 mpg. That is nice :D

I live in Kennedale right off of Sublett Rd. and Highway 287. We do much of our shopping in Mansfield. We should get together sometime. Send me a private message.

Back