Greetings from Vancouver, Canada

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WanderingMonkey

It has certainly been a long time (about 7 years) since I last registered for an account on an automotive board, but with the Leaf being among my top prospects for a vehicle purchase within 1-2 years I'm looking forward to get to know the community here and learn all there is to know about EVs. I may not be the most technical person but am always willing to contribute when I can.

If anyone is interested, I'm born and raised in Vancouver, and recently returned home from studying abroad in Melbourne, Australia. I was able to afford studying abroad through selling the one thing I thought I'd keep for the rest of my life; My prized modified '93 Nissan 240sx.
n588785433_4284613_3083.jpg

I've always been a big fan of Nissan as a manufacturer (which includes Datsuns and Infiniti) and used to get a big kick out of seeing vehicles used in TV shows and movies (like Heroes). Back in 2000, I helped form an online Nissan community for the Pacific Northwest and became the club president for the club in 2001 and held seat for four years (Northwest Nissans), In 2002 I drove all the way to SoCal for a National 240sx Nissan Convention. I was also involved with the organization of Falken Tire Drift Showoff Vancouver in 2005.

Welcome. I'm just 150 miles south of you !

Do you have any info on when Leaf will be sold in BC ?

I haven't been able to find any concrete sources that reveal the release date but most sources refer to the Vancouver release being in Q1 2011, then Quebec City and Montreal getting them in Q3 2011. These 3 cities are the only scheduled for release in 2011 according to the Globe & Mail on 2nd June 2010.

I've also been having trouble finding any government links on planned infrastructure upgrades for EV charging stations in Vancouver. However, the Whistler Chamber of Commerce has already completed installing four Level 3 charging stations in their main underground parking lot offering them free of charge to anyone that wants to use them to top off before the ride back to the city.

One company, producing EV charging stations, Chargepoint http://www.coulombtech.com/solutions.php have installed one Level 2 charging station in Vancouver (adjacent to an EV dealer which makes sense). I also requested for one to be installed in Squamish, BC on the way up to Whistler (a popular stop for a meal). I haven't been able to find any other companies that produce charging stations.

Hello WanderingMonkey,
We,, if there is one place I would sell a prized car to go to, it would be Australia! Great place. Never got to Melbourne, but Sydney, Cairns, etc. are super places to visit.

Back