cost per charge

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elfa

so, I've had Ms Elfa a little over 3 weeks now...what a joy to drive past the gas stations I have to say. I have a Chargepoint charger and so far 40 miles costs me around 90c....is this about average? what are other people getting. I do city, hilly driving, short commute 9 miles round trip.

Not familiar with your vehicle, but it is nice to drive past the gas stations. As for the Leaf, posters on this forum seem to get between the middle 3s and high 5s (miles/kWh), depending in large part on their driving styles and whether they are commuting at 65 on the freeway or doing errands around town at 35-40mph. 4miles/kwh at $.12/kWh would be $.03/mile, a bit higher than your cost. There are also folks who pay nothing because they have solar panels, and others still who get paid (figuratively speaking) because the are on time-of-use metering, selling their high-value peak production while they are at work and charging with cheap super-off-peak power after midnight.

So Ms Elfa....is LEAF...get it....yes I have solar panels, so I charge at 9 c per KwH at night when it's the cheapest and produce at 30c during the day...solar is the way to go for sure...

I am getting about 5 miles/KWh from the wall, paying LA DWP 15 cents per KWh for Green Power. So 3 cents a mile or $1.20 for 40 miles. My Camry costs about $6.00 in gas for the same commute.

elfa said:
So Ms Elfa....is LEAF...get it....yes I have solar panels, so I charge at 9 c per KwH at night when it's the cheapest and produce at 30c during the day...solar is the way to go for sure...
Got it. :oops: Sounds like you already have the the optimum setup. Good on you! :)

Back