best deal on a level 2 charger

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$362 to upgrade your Leaf Charge cable to L2 (full 16amp) with advance replacement service (ie. you're never without a cable) is the cheapest option I've seen.

http://evseupgrade.com/styled/?2index_php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

(No affiliation.)

[b[/b]You might wish to check out the SPX Power Xpress at https://www.homecharging.spx.com/Portal/Display.aspx?id=11&menu=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

It's about the same price and is switch selectable to select voltage and amps althought most people are choicing to select the hightest setting and let the leaf take what it can. That is if they are paying to run a new circuit just to power it.

How about a poll on the best and the worst and why cost vs. convenience (Wi-Fi, Options etc)?
From actual users not just the POS that the manufactures spout

And a word of warning to those buying from third parties such as Ebay etc. I thought I got a great deal on a NIB BLINK it was not till it was installed that I found it was a commercial unit and needed an RFID card.

It was not the sellers fault as the instructions were for the residential unit and the only way to see it was a commercial unit was the small card reader icon on the front. As I have never seen a BLINK charger I did not know when I took it out the box.

I am now trying to get a maintenance card or have BLINK switch it out for a residential unit as it is unused (No Car Yet)

So read the ad’s and ask questions

Good Advice, I'll keep that in mind. I too would prefer not to buy on ebay, I would rather buy from a store or authorized reseller. Unfortunately I have a few months before my car comes in, so maybe things will get cheaper. Until then, keep shopping!

charlestonleafer said:
It's certainly pretty but it offers the exact same set of features as the Aerovironment unit on ebay that was linked to earlier (3 are available at last check), for almost $500 more...

EDIT: I see you are wary of Ebay, but really wary enough to spend an extra $430? (You pay tax when you buy from Lowe's but not Ebay so it's 1090 vs 660.) If you look at this seller's history you can see that he's sold more than 10 of these already with all positive feedback. And since they're new in the box you should be able to take up any problems you might have with Aerovironment directly.

charlestonleafer said:
I'm actually hoping that they will get cheaper soon, I don't even have a delivery month for my car yet, so I'm in no rush.

Ah, but you should be concerned with getting something before 12/31/2011, no? You have the %30 Federal credit up to $1,000.00. Its been suggested you might want to do this in a different year than when you take delivery.

I also have no delivery month yet, "3-4 months", no worries they, I have the Schnieder EVSE already installed.

charlestonleafer said:
I'm actually hoping that they will get cheaper soon, I don't even have a delivery month for my car yet, so I'm in no rush.
Home Depot just increased the price of the Schneider $70 and $100 on the Leviton L1 this past weekend. :(

SPX no longer lists a price, was $749. Has anyone called to check where SPX is at since the initial pricing deal has ended?

I bought one of the AV units on Ebay and it was new in the box, worked perfectly. $600 plus $30 shipping. As always, I was a little apprehensive, but the seller reviews generally are a pretty good indicator.

At the time, that was the best deal going.

Back