Lack of interior door lock lighting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chrischase

Anybody have a workaround for lack of lighting of interior door locks? Not so fun groping in the dark to find it to release to get out of car.

Trying to save a few pennies I suspect while not realizing the big negative that such a move would elicit among owners... Nissan in general seems to have a problem with this kind of mindset based on the various owner surveys over the years...

thankyouOB said:
mwalsh said:
Not so much the pulls for me, but the lack of lighting in the switches is a big pain.
that was a big mistake in the design. no backlighting for some of the switches.

What I have always found odd after the first day I drove the Leaf in the evening is some of the switches are back lit while the door lock switch is not. At first I thought the back light on the door lock switch was not functioning until other Leaf owners reported it too. Personally I would rather have the door lock switch back lit before the others that are. It seems like it was an oversight to not have it back lit.

Yeah, this seems like such a small thing, but very useful. We often drive and need to drop off people. Kinda awkward at night to have to turn on the interior light to locate the unlock button to let them out. Noticing it more as fall is here and daylight period is getting shorter. Will add it to the "want" list thread for the December Bay Area Leaf Group Meeting with Nissan Engineer.

Back