Suggestions for Mileage / Range Logging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

copdoc

Conventional wisdom here seems to say that range varies with temperature, location (altitude, etc), and driving habits. It seems like the best way to judge what range I can consistently count on will be to keep a log for the first bit of driving. My car should be here in a month (God willing and the creek don't rise). What should be in that log?

SOC at the beginning? temp outside? miles traveled, I'm assuming. time charged and how?

What have you done to gather the info that makes you confident in your range planning and where did you get that info?

All factors that you mentioned have effect. I guess you just have to get to know your car, and you will be comfortable with it in the flash. Dealers in OK (GM and Nissan) still no evse. Within first 2 wk I did 1KM with my home charger only, traveling everywhere where it was necessary. As of logs, I do not have any.

Some of the information you listed is automatically captured and reported in CarWings. Carwings records Distance, miles per kilowatt and energy consumption plus some not so useful stuff like number of trips. Just make sure you press OK on the nag screen every tine you start you Leaf.

A three year subscription is included with your new Leaf.

Back