New LEAF owner in Raleigh, NC

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbowman3

Picked up our LEAF last week from Southern States and found the forum today. I have already found some great info on the forum for public chargers in the area. I opted not to get the standard Nissan home charger and install and instead ordered a GE WattStation from Lowes.com and installed the 240 circuit myself. Looking forward to many gas free miles this year!

img0471eb.jpg

img0477fe.jpg

img0480xy.jpg

img0479gs.jpg

img0481nv.jpg

Welcome to the family! Good pictures of a clean installation for your GE WattStation. Many, many people here will be envious of the couldn't-be-better location of your service panel.

Welcome to the family, here are a couple of links from other NC owners, incase you didn't already find them.
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=1138" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=7081" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

HighDesertDriver said:
Welcome to the family! Good pictures of a clean installation for your GE WattStation. Many, many people here will be envious of the couldn't-be-better location of your service panel.

Thanks! Disregard the white blank faceplate. That was my first attempt :oops: . If anyone orders the GE WattStation, don't put in your outlet before you unbox and mount the charger. The cord to plug into the wall is only about a foot long and has NO reach!

jbowman3 said:
HighDesertDriver said:
Thanks! Disregard the white blank faceplate. That was my first attempt :oops: . If anyone orders the GE WattStation, don't put in your outlet before you unbox and mount the charger. The cord to plug into the wall is only about a foot long and has NO reach!
That's good advice for several available EVSE units. But isn't that blank faceplate just covering the box you intend for power to your future welder? ;)

HighDesertDriver said:
jbowman3 said:
HighDesertDriver said:
That's good advice for several available EVSE units. But isn't that blank faceplate just covering the box you intend for power to your future welder? ;)

LOL... Indeed it is! :D

HighDesertDriver said:
Many, many people here will be envious of the couldn't-be-better location of your service panel.

My panel is about the same distance from my charging dock as well! I bet Progress Energy really got ripped off by the installation cost of that huge 16 inch run!

Anyway, looks like James needs to paint his cornhole set with Nissan LEAF markings and bring it to a Triangle LEAF owners' get-together!

lpickup said:
HighDesertDriver said:
Anyway, looks like James needs to paint his cornhole set with Nissan LEAF markings and bring it to a Triangle LEAF owners' get-together!

That's next on my list! Know where I can get some inexpensive decals?

jbowman3 said:
lpickup said:
HighDesertDriver said:

That's next on my list! Know where I can get some inexpensive decals?

Nissan sent me a bunch of window clings (not sure if it was because I had reserved a LEAF or whether I was just on their list from the tour event), but of course they don't cling to anything!

Welcome to the LEAF owners club! I hope to join it, myself, in the next few days. I live in Wilmington, NC, so not far from you. We have Progress Energy here as an Electricity Provider, and I was able to get my Level II Charger installed for free from Progress. They have a "Charge In North Carolina Program" going. Now, if we can just get a few DC Fast Chargers installed in our area. I have read that quite a few of them have just been installed in Southern Oregon and Northern California.

Back