Question about car washes and the Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coqui

Anyone know whether you can send a Leaf through the kind of car wash where one of the wheels is grabbed and the car moves through? Possible or dangerous?

One more nice thing about the Leaf, it's small enough that a hand wash doesn't take much time or effort. Someday later on I'll trust the carwash guys with it.

coqui said:
Anyone know whether you can send a Leaf through the kind of car wash where one of the wheels is grabbed and the car moves through? Possible or dangerous?
That kind of car wash is the only way mine has gotten washed in the eight months I've owned it, and its been there quite a few times, because I'm quite proud of it. Just be sure you know how to put it in neutral before you pull up to the rail the first time.

Ray

I usually hand wash all of m cars. but I did run my leaf through the automatic car wash about a month ago. it didn't hardly clean the rear of the car at all, probably due to the shape of the rear and the spoiler. I did remove the antenna first. no harm was done to the car, other than a poor washjob.

Back