San Diego Ikea charging stations and cars2go.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike5354

Hi fellow leaf owners:

I purchased my leaf in June of last year. Driven 5400 miles so far! I live on a steep hill. To conserve
my charge, I drive 10 mph up the hill only when no one is behind me.
Going down I get to coast and makeup what I have lost.

Geat news! Ikea of San Diego located in Mission Valley has 3 charging stations and one is for
handicap. There was one yesterday that was not working so I called blink to let them know,
and they are working on it. It is a good idea to notify blink when you come across an nonworking
charging station.

I do have a complaint about cars2go. Yesterday there was one of those cars parked at the
charging station that was not working. I first noticed the car at 1:00 pm and it was still
there at 8:00 pm. Even though the blink charger was out of commission, blink could
have fixed it at anytime. Another blink owner left a written message complaing about it.
These charging stations are on private proberty. Next time I will contact security so they
can monitor the situation and it would be up to security to have the car towed
away. The chargers are meant to be used by customers.

Has anyone else noticed that cars2go have been leaving their cars for a long
period of time at any of the charging stations?

Mike Weintraub

Here's a thread on updated charging locations in SD. There are threads on Car2go. The representative from Car2go will be at our LEAF meet this Saturday. Why not come out and give him your thoughts?

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=131563#p131563" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=155193#p155193" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Well, I visited IKEA on Sunday to find both non-handicapped Blinks occupied by Car2go cars, and the way the parking is done there, there are no adjacent spaces that could possibly be used to share the EVSEs...I was out of luck. Same thing when I left two hours later. Sure, I knew better than to be totally dependent on getting a charge there, but I could really have used one. I got home from that trip with only 1.5 bars and had to leave the LEAF home for later errands. Getting a couple of hours at IKEA would have allowed me to keep driving my LEAF, or to run another errand before going home. I went ahead and sent a note about it to Blink, IKEA, and Car2go. Can't hurt to let them all know that people are being inconvenienced. After all, Blink isn't going to get the charging data the DOE is paying for, and IKEA isn't going to be providing their customers with the service they thought they were if Car2go hogs all the Blinks in the area.

P.S. Yes, I realize that an IKEA customer could have been using one of those Car2go cars, but I kind of doubt it.

Back