New guy from Seattle

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
images

Welcome! I believe the CHAdeMO port and cold whether package are both proving to be very valuable in this area, in case you were going to ask ;~)

What are you looking at in terms of specs?

GaslessInSeattle said:
Welcome! I believe the CHAdeMO port and cold whether package are both proving to be very valuable in this area, in case you were going to ask ;~)

I think you'll be paying most for the battery warmer as part of the cold weather package, which is IMHO useless in Seattle.

I would go with aftermarket seat warmers, that is the only thing useful from the package in Seattle...

Actually, I've found the seat warmers to be invaluable practically year round here as it gets cool even in June! With a family of 4, the plug in kind just wouldn't cut it and given the price of an after market upgrade decided to trade up from 2011 to 2012, considering the additional add on's I got, and a car with zero miles on it, I only paid a few thousand different in trade in, I was pleased. The battery warmer is valuable even here in the northwest where, now with the QC network up to Steven's pass, I hope to be able to take the Leaf up to ski and leave it parked all day even in extreme cold, which though rare, does happen here on occasion. The CWP also helps with resale value. I would still stand by my assertion that the QC port and CWP are very valuable here in both utility and resale residual.

UkrainianKozak said:
GaslessInSeattle said:

I think you'll be paying most for the battery warmer as part of the cold weather package, which is IMHO useless in Seattle.

I would go with aftermarket seat warmers, that is the only thing useful from the package in Seattle...

I only used the steering wheel once, and it was crazy. Hot and cold. Maybe it was designed by the GoM guy?

Anyway, I wouldn't have a problem buying a non-Cold Weather Package 2011 in Seattle, but I would add seat warmers to whatever you buy. The steering wheel thing could be good, but I wouldn't hold out for it, considering its not quite ready for prime time. The battery warmer will NEVER come on in Seattle.

I don't think even in Stevens pass it will get cold enough for warmer to kick in, maybe in the middle of the record-setting coldest night....

GaslessInSeattle said:
Actually, I've found the seat warmers to be invaluable practically year round here as it gets cool even in June! With a family of 4, the plug in kind just wouldn't cut it and given the price of an after market upgrade decided to trade up from 2011 to 2012, considering the additional add on's I got, and a car with zero miles on it, I only paid a few thousand different in trade in, I was pleased. The battery warmer is valuable even here in the northwest where, now with the QC network up to Steven's pass, I hope to be able to take the Leaf up to ski and leave it parked all day even in extreme cold, which though rare, does happen here on occasion. The CWP also helps with resale value. I would still stand by my assertion that the QC port and CWP are very valuable here in both utility and resale residual.

UkrainianKozak said:
GaslessInSeattle said:

In my equation, the battery warmer really didn't cost me much, so yeah, if I don't end up needing it, no biggy. Perception or reality, it will likely add to the resale value. we'll probably trade up again a time or two if it makes economic sense. a more efficient heater is about the only thing missing other than say double or triple the battery capacity.

UkrainianKozak said:
I don't think even in Stevens pass it will get cold enough for warmer to kick in, maybe in the middle of the record-setting coldest night....

Back