Newbie in Spokane Washington Saving $204 per month

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RamblingRuss

Last Friday my wife showed me our AmEx bill for $1,100, of which $664 was gas for my 15 year old Dodge truck. I flipped out. A week later I leased a Nissan Leaf for $460 per month, a $204 dollar a month saving.

Now I dance a jig each time I drive past the Costco gas station. :lol:

RamblingRuss said:
Last Friday my wife showed me our AmEx bill for $1,100, of which $664 was gas for my 15 year old Dodge truck. I flipped out. A week later I leased a Nissan Leaf for $460 per month, a $204 dollar a month saving.

Now I dance a jig each time I drive past the Costco gas station. :lol:

well remember you do get 3% of that back every year. check out my signature for comparison of EV verses gas. now, i am driving the most fuel efficient car in the world...gas wise and my Leaf is still kicking ass and taking names!

Careful, you may see your electric bill and think a house with solar panels would be nice to own. After ten months of Leaf ownership, sun power to get my charge is really calling to me - so much that a move may be coming soon - to a house that has sloar panels already installed. My electric bill now has yet to hit $100, even though I drive more than 1000 miles a month. I don't use time of use plans or have a seperate meter here, nor did I install an L2 charger. Do I need to go solar? No, but it sure wouldl be nice to drive for free. I also stopped driving a large pick up (Silverado), so I have extra money now for the down payment on a house, right?

Caracalover said:
Careful, you may see your electric bill and think a house with solar panels would be nice to own. After ten months of Leaf ownership, sun power to get my charge is really calling to me - so much that a move may be coming soon - to a house that has sloar panels already installed. My electric bill now has yet to hit $100, even though I drive more than 1000 miles a month. I don't use time of use plans or have a seperate meter here, nor did I install an L2 charger. Do I need to go solar? No, but it sure wouldl be nice to drive for free. I also stopped driving a large pick up (Silverado), so I have extra money now for the down payment on a house, right?

LOL!!! you would probably move to Spokane if you knew what their power rates were. no they are not the lowest in the state (2 cents/kwh) but they still do pretty good. he be lucky to see a $20 jump in his bill

Unlike PG&E where looking at a light switch will cost you $.20 before even turning it on:) I'm so glad I have solar!

Glad to see someone else from Spokane! The Leaf will save even more when you start counting oil changes, tune ups, and that type of thing. I have over 9800 miles on mine and have spent $21.00 on maintenance. That was only because the dealership charge me to rotate tires. I have not included car wash money as maintenance but guess I could.

I am a lightweight driver compared to most here but I save about $65 ~75 a month in gas costs alone. If my other cart was not a Prius it would be much higher

Back