New Leaf owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hd172

Hello everyone I walked in to Dublin Ca Nissan on the 6th and walked out with a white SL. They had quite a selection of Leafs at that dealer. I believe they had six at the time I purchased mine. I really enjoy driving the car and trying to minimize my energy usage. I was accepted into the ev project and I can't wait to charge faster than a trickle. I'm currently looking into getting solar at my house. If anyone has some info that can help please let me know.

Congratulations! It's great to hear that folks (at least in California) are able to buy 'em off the lot, just like any other car. Regarding solar, there have been a number of discussions about getting set up. In fact, there's a whole sub-forum dedicated to it:

Non Leaf Discussion>>Solar

Congrats on the Leaf! Wish I could say the same myself. Good thing to hear you got accepted in to the EV project. I had to buy the charger for the Volt myself. I don't wish that on anyone. Trickle charging sucked bad enough for me, so I can only imagine how bad it is with a Leaf. Especially if you went anywhere far away. Hope they get you hooked up soon!

Good for you!

As an aside, there seem to be lots of LEAFs available on the west coast. My local dealer, Puyallup Nissan, lists two 2011's and two 2012's priced from $34,740 to $38,860. They certainly are not all orphans.

Bill

I encourage everybody to fill in their "Location" in their Profile.
{see User Control Center (top, right) and Profile (left column)}

That often makes it easier to help when somebody has a question.

Welcome aboard. I suggest spending the $300 to get your EVSE that came with the car modified for 240v service by:

http://www.EVSEupgrade.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Also, print out the range chart (free) from my website in my signature line.

Hi there! I'm a newbie here. I'm a article author of life, love, goals, politics, news, health, and other interesting things. I find this site interesting and informative and I know I'll enjoy it here as well as learn more to widen my views.

hd172 said:
Hello everyone I walked in to Dublin Ca Nissan on the 6th and walked out with a white SL. They had quite a selection of Leafs at that dealer. I believe they had six at the time I purchased mine. I really enjoy driving the car and trying to minimize my energy usage. I was accepted into the ev project and I can't wait to charge faster than a trickle. I'm currently looking into getting solar at my house. If anyone has some info that can help please let me know.
Welcome ~ yes a good amount of us are PV equiped ... and it's a great complement for the EV, as well as a great way to balance out your monthly utility bill.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have a number of things to get done. I need to look up the charger upgrade, print the range chart, and update my profile. I havent been on a long drive where I've had to worry about getting home. I've been averaging about 5 mi/kwh.

hd172 said:
Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. I have a number of things to get done. I need to look up the charger upgrade, print the range chart, and update my profile. I havent been on a long drive where I've had to worry about getting home. I've been averaging about 5 mi/kwh.

I have the convenience of a home EVSE unit, but I use the supplied EVSE to L1 at work. To make it more convenient -- I dont like wrapping it up and putting it carefully in the Lear napsack -- I got a plastic box that is about the size of a milk crate, and simply wind the cord into it -- j1772 first. When I get to work, I open it up and plug in then walk the J1772 to the front and charge.

Afterwards, I put the rear seat headrests in there.
It is way simpler to coil it up and keep the trunk neat, than rewrapping to fit in the knapsack, in my view.

I've upgraded the brick but I still charge at 120 most of the time. I'm not sure if it's the amps and if other people's outlets differ but I find it charging easily overnight instead of 20+ hours That Nissan tries to scare you with...

ebill3 said:
Good for you!

As an aside, there seem to be lots of LEAFs available on the west coast. My local dealer, Puyallup Nissan, lists two 2011's and two 2012's priced from $34,740 to $38,860. They certainly are not all orphans.

Bill

They're not all orphans for sure. Those 2011s are dealer demos.

hd172 said:
So I don't have a 220v plug in my garage. I can't charge at work. Do you think I should still upgrade my brick?

Are you planning on getting a 220v outlet in your garage?

It doesn't make too much sense to me to do the upgrade if you're not going to be able to use it on a fairly frequent basis. That would mean either getting a 220v outlet in your garage and foregoing a traditional EVSE, or having access to 220v at places you frequently go.

Back