Update to the ordering process

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dclark

If you currently have a reservation number! You can still access your personal homepage and select the dealer of your choosing (currently you are assigned a dealer, but can deselect choice and pick the dealer you would like! This will not change your reservation number). Ensure making this change as soon as possible. Nissan will soon begin releasing the “request a quote” to you by the end of July or early August. Your acceptance of the dealerships quote(along with a few other requirements..see your homepage will officially lock in your production date! Keep your eyes open…its count down time!

Avondale Nissan will not have any additional markups on this vechicle, coupled with the lowest sales tax and lowest Doc fee in Arizona! Feel free to contact our experts at (888)713-3444 by asking for Felix Ember @ [email protected] or Kara Brinley [email protected].

On Tuesday, July 27th, Nissan will announce the dealer roll-out of the Leaf at Plug-In 2010. After that announcement a dealer communication will be sent out to the field, dealers, and EV sales leaders. Sounds like one more good reason to look into Plug-In 2010.

It sure is an exciting time to be interested in EV’s!
:D

Good to know. Thanks for coming here.

How do you feel about selling to out of state buyers. I have a day one reservation in for the Phoenix area, but I plan to flat bed my LEAF back to New Mexico (New Mexico is in the third roll out location...if I wait that long--end of 2011 at earliest?--I probably would just wait for the Fiat EV or check out the Focus EV).

Gavin

dclark said:
Avondale Nissan will not have any additional markups on this vechicle, coupled with the lowest sales tax and lowest Doc fee in Arizona! Feel free to contact our experts at (888)713-3444 by asking for Felix Ember @ [email protected] or Kara Brinley [email protected].
V’s!
:D
What is your doc fee so I can shop around? What is your sales tax rate as well? I live in Chandler and originally was going to Power Nissan in Tempe but I check there BBB rating and it was a B so it moved it to Power Chandler instead. They have a BBB A+
What is Avondales BBB rating

Our BBB rating is A+. Here is the link to our BBB:
http://www.bbb.org/central-northern...w-cars/avondale-nissan-in-avondale-az-4000666/
Our Doc fee is $379 and our tax rate is 8.8%.
In reviewing the 10 Nissan dealerships in the valley, 9 of the dealers attempt to anticipate a customers needs by adding items, such as: window tint, theft etch, alarms, etc.. At Avondale Nissan we allow the customer to make their own decision before adding anything to their new vehicle.

Sweet...thanks...I too prefer to add my own additional items.

I sent your people an email and did mark you as my preferred dealership at the Nissan Leaf site.

Now just to see when I get my Nissan reservation email...should be fairly early as I put my deposit down on 4/20.

I've never bought a car out of state...are the taxes different? The registration process?

Looks like I have some homework to do :)

Gavin

At least in CA, if you buy a new car out of state and then bring it in, you have to pay a "use tax" or something like that which is the same rate as sales tax.

In New Mexico the state tax is higher than Arizona. When you license your vehicle in New Mexico, you will provide them the documents showing you paid our tax. I am having my title clerk call New Mexico about how to license the vehicle in New Mexico.

dclark said:
In New Mexico the state tax is higher than Arizona. When you license your vehicle in New Mexico, you will provide them the documents showing you paid our tax. I am having my title clerk call New Mexico about how to license the vehicle in New Mexico.

Actually I think ours is cheaper...not that it matters too much as I can't buy a LEAF in New Mexico for a year...

but this is the info I find online...of course it could be wrong

What is the new car tag title tax in my state?

Arizona 5.6% for state; up to 0.7% for county; up to 2.5% for city.

New Mexico 3%

Still, any and all info is greatly appreciated...and help with taxes and tags for out of state is great too :)

Now to go research Flatbed truck delivery

Gavin

I did look at it incorrectly. You are correct, you will pay Arizona the 3% rate, plus the county tax and the city rate as you stated. My title clerk found out that we would find the nearest New Mexico motor vehicles to you. We would send into them your name and contact information and the necessary documents. You would call them to schedule an appointment to get the vehicle registered in New Mexico.

dclark said:
http://www.bbb.org/central-northern...w-cars/avondale-nissan-in-avondale-az-4000666/
In reviewing the 10 Nissan dealerships in the valley, 9 of the dealers attempt to anticipate a customers needs by adding items, such as: window tint, theft etch, alarms, etc.. At Avondale Nissan we allow the customer to make their own decision before adding anything to their new vehicle.
What are the other items that will be added to the cost of the car? ie delivery charges and is that the same at all dealer? What is your dealer prep? Is that the same at other dealers? Thanks

We do not charge for delivery charge, prep charges, etc. I am not sure of the exact charges that the other dealers are charging but we did research a few months back and found that they had increased the base price by adding various charges all all their vehicles.

Truck delivery from Avondale to Albuquerque looks to be about 400 to 500ish...

not horrid...

Do you know the current new car loan rates for people who would rather buy than lease?

Gavin

The rates change each month (kinda like the stock market). As we get closer to the time of receiving the Leaf's, Nissan will be sending the information on rates. I will send the Nissan's PDF file directly to you so you can compare.

Hi Gavin, thanks for reserving your 100% electric Nissan LEAF™. We just wanted to let you know you'll be able to order your new Nissan LEAF in September 2010.

Guess I'll be talking to you in Sept :)...

Thanks for all the info and help.

Gavin

dclark said:

Dclark...are you included in the 10 dealers or are you the ONLY one that doesn't do it? I'm curious about Power Nissan in Tempe. Thanks!
PS. I was led to believe that the theft alarm is standard on this car. Is this correct?

Back