GRA

Re: An EV Bibliography

Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:21 pm

Added the following to the first post:

2016 Annual Evaluation of Hydrogen Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Deployment and Hydrogen Fuel Station Network Development; California Air Resources Board; 2016.
Online at http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/zevprog/ab ... t_2016.pdf

I've also added a new category titled "Beyond the Car: New Urbanism, Smart Growth, Public Transit, etc.", and moved some other listings into it.
Last edited by GRA on Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Mon Aug 08, 2016 5:29 pm

"Street Fight: Handbook for an Urban Revolution"; Sadik-Khan, Janette, and Solomonow, Seth; 2015. Written by the former (2007-2013) transportation commissioner of New York City under Michael Bloomberg and her PR person in that post, the book details the steps taken over that period to redesign New York City's streets to better serve pedestrians, bike riders and transit users while also improving traffic flow and safety. A real-world 'Complete Streets' how-to manual for reclaiming asphalt from cars, adding public plazas (including closing Broadway between Times and Herald Squares to cars), bike and bus lanes, bike share, pedestrian safety improvements, etc. it also details the pushbacks and often over-the-top claims of opponents of various aspects of the moves, and how that affected the plans. She also describes similar efforts in other cities around the world, both those that she borrowed ideas from, and others where she's consulted since leaving her post. Sadik-Khan says she had a sign over her desk during her tenure that read "To plan is human, to implement, divine," and she managed to implement more change to the physical fabric of NYC in a shorter period of time than anyone since Robert Moses.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Sat Nov 19, 2016 3:21 pm

"Consumer Views on Plug-in Electric Vehicles – National Benchmark Report"; Singer, Mark; 1/2016. NREL survey of vehicle purchasing behaviors, PEV awareness, PEV acceptance and barriers to same, for the U.S. Online at http://www.afdc.energy.gov/uploads/publication/consumer_views_pev_benchmark.pdf

"Feasibility of the SF-BREEZE: a Zero-Emission, Hydrogen Fuel Cell, High-Speed Passenger Ferry"; Pratt, Joseph W., and Klebanoff, Leonard E.; 9/2016. A detailed Sandia Labs assessment of the technical issues and design tradeoffs of the ship, assorted H2 fuel storage methods, and fueling infrastructure, showing costings, gravimetric and volumetric energy densities of various types of power plant including a BEV and diesel, GHG and other emissions. Downloadable pdf via the link at the end of this article: http://www.greencarcongress.com/2016/10/20161006-sandia.html

sub3marathonman
Delivery Date: 31 Mar 2012

Sat Nov 19, 2016 9:15 pm

It isn't specifically on EVs, just why people should be driving them.

The Oil Kings: How the U.S., Iran, and Saudi Arabia Changed the Balance of Power in the Middle East. Written by Andrew Scott Cooper in 2012.

It has been the greatest transfer of wealth from one country (the U.S. of course) to others in world history.

Definitely interesting reading, and I usually like reading only WWII books. I got it from my local library, but it is available online too.

I still can't figure out why Duke Energy and the others who just spent $22 million or more trying to keep PV solar away from individuals (Florida Amendment 1 which was recently defeated) aren't jumping at the opportunity to convert people to EVs.

GRA

Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:53 pm

sub3marathonman wrote:It isn't specifically on EVs, just why people should be driving them.

The Oil Kings: How the U.S., Iran, and Saudi Arabia Changed the Balance of Power in the Middle East. Written by Andrew Scott Cooper in 2012.

It has been the greatest transfer of wealth from one country (the U.S. of course) to others in world history.

Definitely interesting reading, and I usually like reading only WWII books. I got it from my local library, but it is available online too.

I still can't figure out why Duke Energy and the others who just spent $22 million or more trying to keep PV solar away from individuals (Florida Amendment 1 which was recently defeated) aren't jumping at the opportunity to convert people to EVs.

I'll be happy to add it in the 'related' section. Do you want me to use the first two sentences as your review, or would you like to write a somewhat longer one going into a little more detail? Alternatively, I can use a review from amazon etc.

sub3marathonman

Mon Nov 21, 2016 6:09 pm

GRA wrote:
sub3marathonman wrote:It isn't specifically on EVs, just why people should be driving them.

I'll be happy to add it in the 'related' section. Do you want me to use the first two sentences as your review, or would you like to write a somewhat longer one going into a little more detail? Alternatively, I can use a review from amazon etc.

Wow, it would be great if I could contribute! And thanks to your efforts too.

I'll say:

The Oil Kings explains the secret agreements between the U.S. government, specifically then-President Nixon and then-Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, and Iran and Saudi Arabia in the 1970's. These policies have contributed to the greatest transfer of wealth from one country (the U.S. of course) to others in world history, and the book helps people realize how the U.S. arrived at the position, some would say predicament, it is in now.

GRA

Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:05 pm

I've added it - take a look at the first post in the topic, last entry, and let me know if everything's how you want it to be.

sub3marathonman

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:09 pm

GRA wrote: let me know if everything's how you want it to be.

It sounds great, thanks so much.

I'm hoping if people read it they might follow-up with a comment here too.

Once again GRA, thanks for your efforts in maintaining this list.

GRA

Tue Nov 22, 2016 6:56 pm

sub3marathonman wrote:
GRA wrote: let me know if everything's how you want it to be.

It sounds great, thanks so much.

I'm hoping if people read it they might follow-up with a comment here too.

Once again GRA, thanks for your efforts in maintaining this list.

You're welcome. I was surprised way back when that there wasn't one here already, so figured I might as well start one.

GRA

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:54 pm

Added the following to the list in the first post:

"2017 Annual Evaluation of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Deployment and Hydrogen Fuel Station Network Development"; California Air Resources Board; 2017. As above, one year later. https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/zevprog/ab8/ab8_report_2017.pdf

Return to “New Members & Newbie Questions”