Questions about charging routine L1 & L2

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's my planned commuting scenario. Is it feasible?

In the Tampa Bay area...
AC set at 80 degrees ambient temp, est 94 degrees.
42 mile drive to work about 30% 65 mph, the remainder at secondary road speeds, commute time roughly one hour.
Charge at L2 Chargepoint charger at work for duration of 8 hour work day. No lunch trips, etc.
Same drive to return home
Charge in garage with Nissan L1 charger for 10 hours.

Will I have enough juice left in the batteries for the next morning's drive.

Lawson

lawsonmitchell said:
Charge at L2 Chargepoint charger at work for duration of 8 hour work day. No lunch trips, etc.
Same drive to return home

This alone may work for you!!! Honestly, you'll need a bit of charging at home, but not much to make this a comfortable drive.

Do you have a backup plan for when the work L2 is broken / ICE'd / in use by somebody else ?

With charging on both ends, it should be an easy commute.

The best way to find out for sure is ask your dealer for an extended test drive and actually run your daily commute with the LEAF. That way you can find out for sure and not rely on estimates.

Plan looks fine except I would set the air to 74/72.
And feel free to run some errands on your lunch and in the evening.
Basically good to go with L2 at work.

Plan looks fine except I would set the air to 74/72.!!!

I would freeze at those temps!!! I'm a southerner who grew up without AC. Thanks for the input everyone. I'll call the dealer about an extended test drive. Great Idea.

asinclair said:
Since you have access to charging at both work and at home, I would also recommend setting an "always-on" timer to 80% to extend your battery life. There is more discussion about 80% timer settings in this thread: http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9577&hilit=80+timer

This is a good idea...plus get an L2 for home. When you're NOT working (weekends, etc.), you'll need faster charging. Only one snag: on REALLY hot days (>6TB), you may want to pass on charging @work, which means you'll need an L2 at home (when it's cooler at night) even more.

Back