I have a VIN. Now what?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpa2825

Leasing and have been told to expect delivery w/o 8.31 (not sure why a w/o date begins on a FRI?). Asked for, and received, the VIN from the dealer. What can I do with this information, if anything? Can I find out where the car is? Can I find out if it is scheduled to be delivered? Can I check to make sure it is the right trim and color?

Seems like I can start building my relationship with my Leaf since it now appears more than an ephemeral concept, but I don't know how!!! TIA.

Welcome to the world of electric travel, and the Nissan LEAF. Could you please tell us where you're from, what car you are replacing (if any) and where and how far you plan to travel ?

the VIN will provide you no info at all. guessing has to be registered by your dealer first but does allow you to prepare insurance coverages in advance

You can call Nissan customer service and they can tell you vaguely where the car is. I called 3 times while waiting and got 'somewhere in the ocean' twice and 'somewhere between the port of call and delivery'. Honestly no one will know where it actually is until it arrives at the dealer.

Welcome to team EV and I hope you like your Leaf as much as I like mine.

Back