New Life with New Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flatirons

After spending way too much time on whether to buy a Leaf or not, I finally went ahead and bought one.

Thanks for many Forum members and owners who freely shared information and answered my questions both on the Forum and
in PMs.

I went ahead with the Purchase rather than leasing for two reasons. The lease offers I got are not that attractive. No where near the
lease offers that someone in CA got - $240 pm for 24 months nothing down.

I have faith in Nissan that they will address any Battery Capacity issues. The CEO Carlos Ghoshn is betting Nissan's future on EVs.
Like Prius did wonders to Toyota, Nissan could work out any issues and would reap rewards in future.

First impressions about Leaf after driving for 2 days. If you are willing to make some minor adjustments about your driving habbits
and are willing to pay attention to how much charge is left, it will be fantastic.

The interior is OK but Nissan could make some easy improvements for not much of an expence.

I will bet Nissan will increase the range to 150 miles for 2014 model and price it around the same price as now. Nissan would have a
hit on its hand if the average gas price is $4.5 per gallon.

I am confident that if you follow the instructions and take care of it, my range will be at least 70 miles even after 3-4 years. That would
work fine with me for 90% of time.

And, this will cure my Lead foot and aggressive driving nature. a good man with a bad driving habbit. :)

live in Frontrange Colorado. I am looking at Flatirons and Longs Peak from my home/office and waiting for the Snow to ski. :)

Flatirons said:
I will bet Nissan will increase the range to 150 miles for 2014 model and price it around the same price as now. Nissan would have a
hit on its hand if the average gas price is $4.5 per gallon.
I'm not sure of that. It seems it doesn't seem to matter how much range an EV has. I've even heard naysayers commenting on news stories about the Tesla saying how "300 miles is not enough. They have to get it up to 500 miles with a recharge time of 5 minutes before I'd consider one." While admittedly, gas prices would have a huge effect on EVs if it got high enough. In fact, if gas were $10 per gallon, I bet even short range EVs with 40 miles would look really attractive.

Back