Republican tax proposal will terminate $7,500 EV tax credit

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So, the existing credit, as enacted, applies equally to all manufacturers, a level playing field. It’s the OEMs strategies that varied, each with their own risk profile. The early leaders are nearing phase out, but have gained vast real usage mega data, brand recognition, benefits of scale, and manufacturing skills. The laggards are risking loss of the credit program, but hope to gain from dropping battery costs and a more developed infrastructure. If the current program holds, they’re more likely to compete against the early leaders, who will still be scaling up, reducing costs, and becoming profitable. Ending the program before they all phase out would only mean that the early leaders’ strategy was the better one. Maybe that’ll light a fire under the laggards.
Leaving this type of self ending program in place could also help any new entrants to the market.

I don't believe a thing the NYT says, nor the FBI now that we see this whole Russian collusion thing was a total fabrication by the deep state wanting to circumvent the outcome of the election.

LTLFTcomposite said:
I don't believe a thing the NYT says, nor the FBI now that we see this whole Russian collusion thing was a total fabrication by the deep state wanting to circumvent the outcome of the election.

Is your loyalty to the Constitution and the Republic?

LTLFTcomposite said:
I wish I could recognize sarcasm more easily.

dm33 said:
LTLFTcomposite said:
I wish I could recognize sarcasm more easily.
;)

Via GCC: https://www.greencarreports.com/new...ained-in-congressional-tax-reform-bill-report

. . . Now, according to a report published Wednesday afternoon by Bloomberg, "a Republican familiar with the process" said the credit has been retained in the "reconciliation bill" that blends the two versions.

That source, Bloomberg said, "asked not to be identified discussing the details before the bill is unveiled."

UPDATE: This article was published on December 14, 2017. The text of the final tax bill, following reconciliation of the individual bills passed by the House and the Senate, was released on December 15. The plug-in electric vehicle income-tax credit was not ended by that bill, so whatever happens when Congress votes on the bill, the tax credit will survive.

See, and you guys thought the GOP was anti-AFV/environment. Now if they'll just get on board with bumping up the child care tax credit to please Marco Rubio maybe we can get this thing passed so we get the corporate tax rate competitive with the rest of the world. It would be nice if some of the trickling down trickled down into this country for a change.

Looks pretty safe. Page 45 of the conference report:

3. Repeal of credit for plug-in electric drive motor vehicles (sec. 1102(c) of the House bill
and sec. 30D of the Code)

Conference Agreement

The conference agreement does not include the House bill provision.

Oh that is a relief. I was worried my planned purchase of the 2018 Leaf was going to cost me $7,500 more than I had originally planned.

There’s actually lots of evidence of Trump-Russia collusion

https://www.vox.com/2018/6/11/17438386/trump-russia-collusion

Ahh the good old days.

More people pleaded guilty in the Russian collusion scandal. There's no way out for trump now, the walls are closing in..
Trump will have to resign in shame like nixon.
https://time.com/5693083/john-durham-justice-department-investigation/

Oilpan4 said:
More people pleaded guilty in the Russian collusion scandal. There's no way out for trump now, the walls are closing in..
Trump will have to resign in shame like nixon.
https://time.com/5693083/john-durham-justice-department-investigation/
That was written almost a year ago. I think Trump will be voted out before he resigns.

Comey is going to testify before the senate September 30. Looks like they have trump now, they're going to get him for sure this time.

Back