Will Republican's "A Pledge to America" affect us ?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Azrich

I'll admit I have not read the content of "A Pledge to America" and am only going on what I heard about it on CNN. They say one part of the "Pledge" is to stop spending any unspent stimulus money. So my questions are:

Will this stop the EV Project and the installation of public chargers in our cities and the almost 4700 home chargers that are planned for some of our garages???

Will this have any effect on the $7,500 tax credit? I'm not sure if this is from stimulus money or not???

What have you heard? What do you think?

Azrich said:
I'll admit I have not read the content of "A Pledge to America" and am only going on what I heard about it on CNN. They say one part of the "Pledge" is to stop spending any unspent stimulus money. So my questions are:

Will this stop the EV Project and the installation of public chargers in our cities and the almost 4700 home chargers that are planned for some of our garages???

Will this have any effect on the $7,500 tax credit? I'm not sure if this is from stimulus money or not???

I'm guessing the EVProject is already funded and that the money is already 'spent' as far as congress is concerned. And I wouldn't worry TOO much. The Repubs had "Contract With America" and their ideas are what helped sink the economy in the first place. I think in November, more people are going to remember that then they think. I think this "Pledge" is just theatrics before the election....

I agree with Jimmy that it is all campaign talk with no possibility of action. Even if the Republicans were to gain a majority in both the House of Representatives and the Senate, they wouldn't be able to get a bill like that any further than the House. The minority Democrats would still be able to block it in the Senate, and the President would never sign it.

If the Republicans do take control of the House (a real possibility) the most likely effect I can think of would be no 50% tax credit for any EVSE purchased in 2011. The current credit ends on Jan 1, and a bill to extend or replace it might, or might not, get through a "lame duck" session after the election. After that, I think it would be tough sledding.

Same old, same old

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-september-23-2010/postcards-from-the-pledge
Azrich said:

Fabio said:
Same old, same old

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/thu-september-23-2010/postcards-from-the-pledge
Azrich said:

FABIO
Thanks for the "Daily Show" link- watched and listened to it- IT IS Funny and true!

Back