Critical Mass Wins OMMA Award for Nissan LEAF Work

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

Posting here since we don't have a sub-forum for irony.

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20101006007115/en/Critical-Mass-Wins-OMMA-Award-Nissan-LEAF

Critical Mass Wins OMMA Award for Nissan LEAF Work
Agency Garners Top Honors in Integrated Online Campaign Category

CALGARY, Alberta & CHICAGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Critical Mass (www.criticalmass.com), a leading digital marketing agency, was recently honored at the 2010 OMMA Awards, winning the Integrated Online Campaign category for its work on Nissan LEAF, as well as earning finalist designations for Autotrader's "Heart and Mind" campaign and the Rolex.com and Moen.com websites.

Judged by a panel of MediaPost editors and digital luminaries, the OMMA Awards for Integrated Online Campaigns go to online marketing campaigns of multiple elements that show outstanding usage of online media in the promotion of brands, products and services. The Nissan LEAF "Say hello to the new car" campaign won based on its innovative digital strategy and seamless cross-channel integration. According to the OMMA judges, "Nissan's web design team literally turned over a new leaf to help launch the automaker's first 100 percent all-electric car, the aptly named Nissan LEAF...[E]verything about the LEAF site—social feeds, personalized build/buy/drive tools, and its simple, relevant interface," speak to the new driver and the new digital experience.

"We're especially proud of this win for best integrated online campaign because it speaks to the strong partnership we have forged with TBWA," said Dianne Wilkins, CEO, Critical Mass. "With a groundbreaking vehicle like the Nissan LEAF, we knew that this campaign was going to be special. We had to think differently and embrace the collaborative process in order to come up with the best, most innovative ideas. Based on our joint effort, the end result is a seamless experience for the user—one that truly changes the entire car-buying process," Wilkins added.

You know I have my problems with the way the LEAF website was conceived. But I do like the way they (and in particular Jesse O) have interacted with the LEAF community via FB, Maybe, someday, Nissan will give them the go ahead to become directly involved here too (note that Jesse is not the Jessica who was involved here before), that is my hope at least.

The web campaign was really well done in terms of visual impact and social networking criteria, but unfortunately their website had/has some very serious bugs.

Unprintable pages and data, the annoying black background, operational bugs, not working on some browsers, behind-the-scene database bugs, not scaling to smaller screens, and did I mention ... bugs, etc. all show that the site was trying for a visual arts award from a non-user, not to make an infornative, helpful, user-friendly web site. (IMO)

garygid said:
Unprintable pages and data, the annoying black background, operational bugs, not working on some browsers, behind-the-scene database bugs, not scaling to smaller screens, and did I mention ... bugs, etc. all show that the site was trying for a visual arts award from a non-user, not to make an infornative, helpful, user-friendly web site. (IMO)

Yes - this is like a award winning fashion show with clothes nobody will ever wear.

Back