RegGuheert
Delivery Date: 16 Mar 2012
Leaf Number: 5926

Re: Nissan corporate news

Fri Aug 05, 2016 9:41 am

Note that the battery plant in the US is owned and operated by Nissan, even though they are building batteries based on AESC technology. I believe the same is true in Great Britain, as well.

Given that, I wonder what Nissan would do with those two plants if they sold their stake in AESC.
RegGuheert
2011 Leaf SL Demo vehicle
2011 miles at purchase. 10K miles on Apr 14, 2013. 20K miles (55.7Ah) on Aug 7, 2014, 30K miles (52.0Ah) on Dec 30, 2015, 40K miles (49.8Ah) on Feb 8, 2017.
Enphase Inverter Measured MTBF: M190, M215, M250, S280

edatoakrun
Delivery Date: 15 May 2011
Leaf Number: 2184

Sun Sep 25, 2016 8:30 am

Nissan's biggest announcement from the Paris Auto show is the new micra, which seems somewhat over-hyped in the title of the video below:

Nissan at Paris Motor Show 2016 - A revolution is coming

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5euBsytg-A

However, other reports suggest a new Nissan in the same class might be revolutionary in that it will be a BEV:

Nissan plans new electric supermini to sit under the Leaf

Nissan’s new electric small car set to follow the next Leaf and could share tech with the Renault ZOE

Nissan is weighing up its options as to how it will expand its range of pure electric vehicles, with a Ford Fiesta-sized model lined up to join the Nissan Leaf, according to a senior company source...

...he gave the strongest indication yet on what’s likely to get the green light, saying: “We’ve invested $5.4bn (£4.1bn) in electric cars such as the Leaf, so we need to ensure we’re satisfying as many types of customer as possible. In Europe, that could mean looking towards B-segment hatches [Ford Fiesta size] and SUVs or crossovers.” ...

If we look towards crossovers or the B-segment for the next car, those could make perfect sense.” Nissan has relatively straightforward options for an electric B-segment model, illustrated here in our exclusive image...

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/971 ... ign=buffer

And perhaps, even offered for sale the USA?
Paris Motor Show: It's electric

...Nissan is weighing whether to sell its Micra in the U.S. after launching the subcompact hatchback in Canada in 2014. The latest-generation Micra will be bigger than the current model and gets a higher-quality interior to make it a better competitor to models such as the Ford Fiesta. It will look sportier, with a design influenced by the Sway concept unveiled at the 2015 Geneva show. Adding the Micra to Nissan's U.S. lineup may depend on how much Nissan thinks it will cannibalize its Versa sedan...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016092 ... s-electric
no condition is permanent

edatoakrun

Wed Oct 19, 2016 11:27 am

Carlos Ghosn to Hold Chairman Roles at Nissan and Mitsubishi

TOKYO— Nissan Motor Co. Chief Executive Carlos Ghosn is set to add Mitsubishi Motors Corp. chairman to his list of titles, according to people familiar with the matter...

Nissan has said it plans to complete the acquisition of the Mitsubishi stake by the end of the year, making the smaller auto maker part of a global alliance centered around Nissan and Renault SA. Mr. Ghosn is also chief executive of Renault...

The share price of Mitsubishi Motors rose 7.85% on Wednesday to 525 yen, its highest closing since June 23, as investors welcomed the news, earlier reported by Japan’s Nikkei newspaper, that Mr. Ghosn would take a central role in guiding the auto maker’s recovery.

The Renault-Nissan model is being mimicked by other auto makers eager to share development costs as sales growth slows around the world. Toyota Motor Corp. and Suzuki Motor Corp. last week said they were starting talks on a partnership that would share costs for developing new automotive technologies like self-driving vehicles...

http://www.wsj.com/articles/mitsubishi- ... 1476863524

LTLFTcomposite
Delivery Date: 10 Dec 2011
Leaf Number: 5926

Thu Oct 20, 2016 4:31 am

Maybe he can finally get things moving on the Outlander PHEV
LTL
White 2012 SV delivered 10 Dec 2011 returned 25 Nov 2014 replaced with stopgap ICE Sentra
[35 months] [35K miles] [9 Bars]
2013 Volt replaced after 36 months/30k miles with ICE Rogue

edatoakrun

Mon Oct 31, 2016 12:39 pm

TALK FROM THE TOP

NISSAN'S GHOSN: CEO already plotting next targets

...How do you expect to amplify Nissan's EV lineup through 2020?

Volume is going to depend more on government than on us because the EV market is going to be driven mainly by emissions regulations.

You're going to see the EVs getting into the bigger segments of the market. I would not be surprised to see EVs going into crossovers. I wouldn't be surprised to see EVs moving into segments like SUVs. You're going to see EVs everywhere, little by little.

Will Nissan be in those additional segments by 2020?

Without any doubt, we will be present in many segments on the market.

But you'll have more than the Leaf and the new Note e-Power, just released in Japan?

Without any doubt. I can tell you there will be many more...

http://www.autonews.com/article/2016103 ... ws+Feed%29

Durandal
Delivery Date: 22 Sep 2016
Leaf Number: 025018

Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:09 pm

edatoakrun wrote:Volume is going to depend more on government than on us because the EV market is going to be driven mainly by emissions regulations.
You're going to see the EVs getting into the bigger segments of the market. I would not be surprised to see EVs going into crossovers. I wouldn't be surprised to see EVs moving into segments like SUVs. You're going to see EVs everywhere, little by little.

Translation:
We still consider the Leaf and BEVs to be compliance cars.

We likely will make a PHEV or BEV compliance SUV to sell in CARB states, as necessary.

At least, that's how I read that. :?
Pulled the trigger on going EV on 10/2016 with a 2012 Leaf, and a Tesla Model 3 reservation expected to receive in late 2018.

ydnas7

Mon Oct 31, 2016 5:58 pm

Durandal wrote:
edatoakrun wrote:Volume is going to depend more on government than on us because the EV market is going to be driven mainly by emissions regulations.

Translation:

We likely will make a PHEV or BEV compliance SUV to sell in CARB states, as necessary.

what would prefer Nissan to say

Government support is not necessary.

because there is a particular way bureaucrats will interpret that

particularly those in the treasury and tax department

Zythryn

Mon Oct 31, 2016 6:52 pm

ydnas7 wrote:
Durandal wrote:

Translation:

what would prefer Nissan to say

Government support is not necessary.

because there is a particular way bureaucrats will interpret that

particularly those in the treasury and tax department

I'd prefer they say something like... "we are going to build the worlds best car, that happens to be electric...". Or something like that.
Previous owner of Prius, Volt & Leaf
Current owner of Model S
http://www.netzeromn.com

edatoakrun

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:07 pm

Notice that all the vehicles in the photo on the front page are BEVs:

ALLIANCE FACTS & FIGURES 2017

Sustained Leadership in Electric Vehicles:

The Renault-Nissan Alliance, with Mitsubishi Motors, cumulatively sold 424,797 electric
vehicles through 2016, making it the undisputed leader in zero-emission mobility.
The Nissan LEAF remains the world’s best-selling EV with more than 250,000 (including
Venucia E30 sales in China) vehicles sold since its launch in December 2010. In addition
to the LEAF, Nissan also sells the e-NV200, a light commercial vehicle sold mainly in Europe
and Japan since 2014.
Since 2011 Renault has sold more than 112,000 electric vehicles worldwide, with Renault
ZOE, Kangoo Z.E., Fluence Z.E., the SM3 Z.E. and the Twizy. Renault Pro+ recently
announced the addition of two new commercial EVs to its lineup: the New Kangoo Z.E.
and Master Z.E.
In 2016, the Alliance, including Mitsubishi Motors i-Miev series, sold 94,265 EVs, up more
than 8% from 2015...

http://nissannews.com/media_storage/ima ... 017_gb.pdf

edatoakrun

Sun Feb 26, 2017 6:12 pm

C.G. said that, not me.

Try to get your quotes attributed correctly, please.

Whether you are the first to make the mistake, the second, or the third...

Durandal wrote:

Translation:

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”