Fox News and Gudy

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jludwi2

Gudy, I'm not watched the "interview" with Fox and you, and I won't.
Fox has a long tradition of this kind of stuff, and you didn't know that and
nobody that doesn't watch them takes them seriously, at this point.

That being said, as for the tax benefits reasons for buying an electric vehicle, they seem pretty obvious.

1) peak oil
2) clean air
3) global warming, co2, carbon monozide.
4) mid-east oil conflicts, foreign warns

You don't have to believe in all of these, but most rational people believe in at least 2 or 3.
Fox chooses not to believe in 3, and is in favor of 4, and doesn't want to think about 1, and
doesn't seem to care about 2. So they can just be shrill and stupid. I'm sorry you had to witness it.

Thanks (from my kids) for buying an electric car, by the way. :)

jludwi2 said:

That being said, as for the tax benefits reasons for buying an electric vehicle, they seem pretty obvious.

1) peak oil
2) clean air

You don't have to believe in all of these, but most rational people believe in at least 2 or 3.
Fox chooses not to believe in 3, and is in favor of 4, and doesn't want to think about 1, and
doesn't seem to care about 2. So they can just be shrill and stupid. I'm sorry you had to witness it.

I beg to disagree with almost everything you say here; But, of course, you have a right to state your opinion. :roll:

jludwi2 said:

1) peak oil
2) clean air

I AGREE 100% with you judlwi2!
PEACE,
JP

derkraut said:
I beg to disagree with almost everything you say here; But, of course, you have a right to state your opinion. :roll:

Well derkaut, since you are an expert. What is your opinion of this particular Fox "News" segment? :p

TRONZ said:
derkraut said:

Well derkaut, since you are an expert. What is your opinion of this particular Fox "News" segment? :p

Yo Tronz: How did you come up with the conclusion that I am "an expert"? :?

Maybe from the same place you learned that Fox News doesn't care about the environment? :?

To answer your question directly: My opinion of this particular Fox News segment is that it was rather biased, and contained a lot of unsubstantiated assertions. Nevertheless, I respect and support the right of free speech, whether I agree with the content, or not. :)

derkraut said:
Nevertheless, I respect and support the right of free speech, whether I agree with the content, or not. :)
That is a rather weird thing to say - afterall nobody is saying the government should try to silence Fox News.

Here is the autobloggreen link.

http://green.autoblog.com/2010/12/19/fox-news-attacks-first-nissan-leaf-owner-engages-hate/

I do watch many news shows of all persuasions. This particular host, Eric Bolling and his show "Follow the Money", is a simple ideological tool. It sets up topics like bowling pins in order to make a narrative point.

The outcome was predetermined. At least Gudy was able to say he liked the car!

No one on the wonderful panel on this show figured out that we are still held hostage by oil suppliers......

http://www.foxbusiness.com/on-air/follow-money/index.html#/v/4458863/first-nissan-leafs-goes-on-sale/?playlist_id=158277

derkraut said:
TRONZ said:
derkraut said:

Yo Tronz: How did you come up with the conclusion that I am "an expert"? :?

Maybe from the same place you learned that Fox News doesn't care about the environment? :?

To answer your question directly: My opinion of this particular Fox News segment is that it was rather biased, and contained a lot of unsubstantiated assertions. Nevertheless, I respect and support the right of free speech, whether I agree with the content, or not. :)

Better scurry back over to that other thread... I just slammed your buddies at Faux. And no, I have never concluded that you are an expert at anything. :p

IMHO Fox is a "cult" station, and its viewer like to drink its cool aid.
For what's worth, there is a study that backs me up:
http://www.worldpublicopinion.org/pipa/articles/brunitedstatescanadara/671.php?nid=&id=&pnt=671&lb=

jludwi2 said:

1) peak oil
2) clean air

The evmon for reclassifying this, I'm now an owner yet! I'm still Pending, Pending Pending (nov order). :)

derkraut said:
jludwi2 said:

1) peak oil
2) clean air

You don't believe in Peak Oil?
You are in favor of CO2 and gobal warming?
You are favor of fighting foreign wars over oil?
Or you don't think ICE cars pollute the air? Please be specific and we can have a meaningful discussion. :) But thanks for your feedback.

What a rambling group-grope.

There are idiots on all the news channels, not just Fox. The only cable news channel where you have a decent chance of hearing an adult discussion of these matters is CNBC. E.g. they had Fred Smith this morning; electric cars and energy independence came up.

CNBC is pretty good. For a truly dispassionate discussion, Bloomberg TV is a gem, plus you get Charlie Rose in actual conversations. That, plus C-SPAN are the easy ones to watch and not take note of swerves in one direction or another.

LTLFTcomposite said:
There are idiots on all the news channels, not just Fox.
Fox people are not idiots. They push an agenda. An agenda that is harmful to the world in general and US in particularly. All the while draping themselfs in the flag.

+1
evnow said:
Fox people are not idiots. They push an agenda. An agenda that is harmful to the world in general and US in particularly. All while draping themselfs in the flag.

The question of why there should be a $7500 tax credit on the LEAF is a reasonable question-- I personally think there should be and will gladly claim it. However, some have argued that if the market cannot support electric cars without subsidies they will ultimately fail. The truth is that gasoline is heavily subsidized in that the true costs to the environment are not borne by the consumers. Anyway, seemed like the opportunity for a great discussion was missed since they did not intend to have a real discussion. Plus a large percentage of the world-wide Leaf production is going to be in Tennessee.

Back