GRA

Re: CA. retail H2 fuel stations

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:33 pm

This thread is for announcements of California H2 station openings, and posts specifically related to those stations and their equipment (prices, problems etc.). I recognize there's sometimes overlap, but please post general comments re H2/FCEVs in the H2 and FCEV thread.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Mon Oct 10, 2016 7:25 pm

Woodland Hills is open, #22 (#13 in SoCal), but is offline at the time this post is being made. It's open between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. It was supposed to open in September but didn't quite make it. I hadn't checked for several days, so I don't know exactly which day this month it commissioned. 5 more stations are scheduled to commission by the end of the year: Riverside and Hollywood in October, Anaheim in November, and Cal State LA in December. San Ramon is just shown as Q4.
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:47 pm

Via GCC:
True Zero’s California hydrogen network hits 2M miles fueled mark; second 1M miles in 60 days
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2016/10 ... ezero.html

True Zero, which operates the world’s largest network of hydrogen charging stations, has powered two-million miles of zero-emission driving on California roads 60 days after reaching its first million miles. By comparison, it took nine months for the company to reach the first million miles, reflecting the ramp up of fuel cell cars in California. . . .

Since opening for retail vehicle charging, the True Zero Network has performed nearly 12,000 charges totaling more than 33,800 kilograms of hydrogen. That translates to True Zero’s stations having powered more than 2,000,000 zero-emission miles in hydrogen electric cars and having eliminated 1.9-million pounds of CO2 emissions.

Strange that they would use the word "charges" instead of "fuelings". People continue to be cautious about how much of a reserve they keep owing to the low density of stations, as 33,800/12,000 = an average of 2.82 kg./fill, when most FCEVs hold 5 kg. or more. I expect the average fill will increase to 4 kg. or more once people feel comfortable that there's adequate station redundancy in their area.

Also, I notice that Toyota's San Ramon station opening has been pushed back from Q4 to Q1 2017 on the CAFCP stations page. The station has been shown in "under construction" status for several months, so I'm not sure what the hold up is. The East Bay Area really needs some redundancy ( in contrast, there are 3 stations in the South Bay), so this will keep people in the area from using more of their range for up to three months longer. Fremont is scheduled to open in Q1 2017, so having all three of them available will be a big step forward.

GRA

Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:09 pm

Hollywood is open, #23 (#14 in SoCal). It was supposed to open in October, but as is typical came in a bit late. Riverside (also scheduled for October) should be next, or else Anaheim (November).

GRA

Tue Nov 29, 2016 6:19 pm

Anaheim is open on time, #24 (#15 in SoCal). Riverside (scheduled for October) is still not in service for some reason, although it's been in "Commissioning" status for a few months now.

GRA

Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:52 pm

Del Mar (San Diego county) is open months ahead of schedule, #25 (#16 in SoCal).

GRA

Mon Dec 05, 2016 5:42 pm

Via CAFCP website:

Thursday, December 15, 2016 - Thursday, December 15, 2016

Open to public
Thursday, December 15
12:00pm–1:00pm (PST)

Please join the California Fuel Cell Partnership for a brown-bag webinar update about hydrogen station network development in California. This webinar will provide general, non-technical overview of

• Station location changes
• Network development status
• Latest CEC funding solicitation
• Next retail stations ready to come online

Presentations will be followed by a Q&A

Register here: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/2441055830660082178

GRA

Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:29 pm

Text summary of the 12/15 webinar noted above is here: http://cafcp.org/blog/december-15-hydro ... nd-answers

GRA

Wed Jan 04, 2017 8:24 pm

Just to summarize 2016, when this thread started 1/22/16 there were 8 full retail stations in California, and there are now 25 plus 6 non-retail dem-val stations for a total of 31, well short of the 50 or so that were supposed to be open by the end of the year. We'll have to see if they can do better this year, as this represents only 62% of the planned total (this is about the same % as Tesla achieved their first two or three years building SCs).

GRA

Tue Jan 17, 2017 7:19 pm

Via GCC:
True Zero H2 network fuels more than 3.7M miles in California in 2016
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2017/01 ... ezero.html

Fuel from True Zero’s hydrogen-fueling stations during 2016 powered more than 3.7 million zero emission fuel-cell-car miles in California, eliminating more than 2.3 million pounds of greenhouse gas emissions, according to the company. To help car owners and others understand the benefits of driving on hydrogen, True Zero will post labels at its hydrogen charging stations showing the societal-impacts of driving a hydrogen-powered fuel-cell vehicle. . . .

The Sustainability Analysis Label show the entire lifecycle impacts of various vehicle fuels based on the Argonne National Labs GREET model. Driving on True Zero hydrogen reduces greenhouse gas emissions by more than 60% compared to a typical gasoline-powered car. About one third of True Zero hydrogen is currently sourced from renewables, with that percentage expected to grow.

Two of True Zero’s charging stations provide hydrogen sourced from 100% renewable feedstock, which slashes greenhouse gas emissions by 93% compared to a typical gasoline-powered car. The company has set target to source all of its hydrogen from 100% renewables by 2023. . . .

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”