GRA

Re: CA. retail H2 fuel stations

Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:12 pm

CARB's "2017 Annual Evaluation of Fuel Cell Electric Vehicle Deployment and Hydrogen Fuel Station Network Development" is now out: https://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/zevprog/ab8/ab8_report_2017.pdf
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

The 'best' is the enemy of 'good enough'. Copper shot, not Silver bullets.

GRA

Sat Sep 09, 2017 3:59 pm

Fremont is open, #31 (#10 in NorCal).
Guy [I have lots of experience designing/selling off-grid AE systems, some using EVs but don't own one. Local trips are by foot, bike and/or rapid transit].

GRA

Sat Nov 11, 2017 4:26 pm

Via GCC:
Five additional hydrogen stations proposed for California
http://www.greencarcongress.com/2017/11/20171110-calh2.html

The California Energy Commission has issued a “Revised Notice of Proposed Awards” that recommends five additional hydrogen fueling stations previously recommended for funding by Energy Commission staff. The newly awarded stations are:

Beverly Hills (FirstElement Fuel)
Studio City (FirstElement Fuel)
San Jose (Shell)
Redwood City (FirstElement Fuel)
Mission Hills (FirstElement Fuel)

The Energy Commission’s commissioners must approve the awards at an upcoming meeting before they are considered “awarded.” With this addition, California has a total of 66 retail hydrogen stations open, in development, and proposed.

Unfortunately, they didn't expand the network to allow travel to any new areas, as these just add local urban capacity. They need to do both to emphasize an FCEV's operational advantages over BEVs for renters and road trips.

Return to “Business / Economy and Politics”