The Kochs Are Plotting A Multimillion-Dollar Assault On Electric Vehicles

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evnow

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/koch-electric-vehicles_us_56c4d63ce4b0b40245c8cbf6#

A new group that's being cobbled together with fossil fuel backing hopes to spend about $10 million dollars per year to boost petroleum-based transportation fuels and attack government subsidies for electric vehicles, according to refining industry sources familiar with the plan. A Koch Industries board member and a veteran Washington energy lobbyist are working quietly to fund and launch the new advocacy outfit.

"They’re worried about state and community subsidies," he added. "In 20 years, electric vehicles could have a substantial foothold in the U.S. market.”

56c622021e0000220070e564.jpg

mwalsh said:
Well naturally. If there's evil being done, you can almost be certain that the Koch brothers will have some kind of hand in it,

Oh yes, those Koch brothers are soooooo evil. Like running businesses that provide jobs to tens of thousands of Americans, and in turn help to support tens of thousands of American families. Or like when they gave $25 Million of their hard earned dollars to support minority education in America. So evil.

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2014/06/09/uncf-receives-25m-koch-brothers-prompting-praise-and-anger

Bufordleaf said:
Oh yes, those Koch brothers are soooooo evil. Like running businesses that provide jobs to tens of thousands of Americans, and in turn help to support tens of thousands of American families. Or like when they gave $25 Million of their hard earned dollars to support minority education in America. So evil.

2 Corinthians 11:14
No wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light.

Meanwhile dark money, with Koch fingerprints on it, has bought elections in Arizona, including the governor and members of the Corporation Commission. Those elected are in the process of killing solar power.

America's favorite oligarchs? Too bad they can't see electric vehicles and sustainable, renewable energy as a business opportunity and use their wealth to transition to it. Ah, well. Probably too late to stop us now, once EVs get to prices below ICEs, and autonomous UBER EVs proliferate.

DanCar said:
kovalb said:
Bufordleaf said:
...bought elections in Arizona, including the governor and members of the Corporation Commission. Those elected are in the process of killing solar power.
Would be interesting if you have further reading for that info.
Here is a link to an organization I am a part of. https://www.facebook.com/groups/AZSunshineAlliance/
There is a lot of stuff in there but scroll down and there will be a number of articles referring to how solar is being killed in AZ and how dark money has bought elections to make it possible.

Bufordleaf said:
mwalsh said:
Well naturally. If there's evil being done, you can almost be certain that the Koch brothers will have some kind of hand in it,

https://www.insidehighered.com/news/2014/06/09/uncf-receives-25m-koch-brothers-prompting-praise-and-anger

I totally agree with you being a tea party supporter, and the Koch Bothers have dumped millions into trying to get the government to work vs- status quo so I can just keep getting reelected cause by doing nothing doesn't anger my constituents.

Bufordleaf said:
I'd respond to this nonsense about hard earned money and providing jobs - but don't want to take this thread in a different direction.

Funny thing is one of Kochs wrote in WaPo yesterday that they agree with Sanders on his main theme - so apparently they are Feeling the Bern ! But that is OT too.

Back on topic - I wonder whether EV backers - who aren't exactly poor (Apple probably makes more money in a day than Kochs do in a year) - would respond. Generally left coast billionaires haven't flexed their muscles and gotten into fights. But they should - after all their business is based on pro-science, forward looking customers.

grandizer52 said:
I totally agree with you being a tea party supporter, and the Koch Bothers have dumped millions into trying to get the government to work vs- status quo so I can just keep getting reelected cause by doing nothing doesn't anger my constituents.
I recognize this as being English, but what? And remind me again what part of government tea-partiers wish would work -- besides (appropriately enough), "ICE".

mbender said:
grandizer52 said:
I recognize this as being English, but what? And remind me again what part of government tea-partiers wish would work -- besides (appropriately enough), "ICE".

your english...wow thats terrible...you pay way more in taxes than people in Cali

grandizer52 said:
mbender said:
grandizer52 said:

your english...wow thats terrible...you pay way more in taxes than people in Cali

But really cause I'm in disagreement...you want to call me stupid right...not sure your back ground,
but maybe spend sometime in the military, and see really how dysfunctional the government is...it's a lot worse than can/fox/facebook/twitter got you believing

but maybe spend sometime in the military, and see really how dysfunctional the government is...it's a lot worse than can/fox/facebook/twitter got you believing

Spend some time in any large hierarchy, and you'll either realize that groups of humans can be - and usually are - pretty dysfunctional...or you'll decide that it's just group A that is dysfunctional, and will then spend your time hating that one group for a species-wide design flaw. I prefer to distrust all groups with power, while cautiously supporting those that do more good then harm. The Koch brothers fund a program on PBS that helps encourage kids to study science (thus providing them with future trained employees) while at the same time despoiling the environment and funding paid denials that any such despoilment is occurring. Hmm, what to think of them....?

Back