Gas reaches lowest prices in over a decade The last time refueling was this cheap was in 2004.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via ABG: http://www.autoblog.com/2016/07/18/gas-lowest-price-in-decade/

Summer travelers have reason to be happy today. The American Automobile Association (AAA) announced that gas prices are lower than they've ever been for July in the last 12 years. According to AAA, the national average gas price right now is $2.21 per gallon of regular unleaded. Not only that, but 25 percent of the country's gas stations are offering gas under $2. The lowest gas prices in the country are in South Carolina at just $1.88. California still holds the title of highest prices at $2.85, just edging out Hawaii at $2.82.

AAA credits the low prices at the pump to a large gasoline surplus in the US and relatively low prices for a barrel of oil. Currently, the US has a 13 percent larger supply of gasoline than it did last year, and that surplus is the largest it has ever been for the US in July. Oil prices are also hovering at about $45 a barrel. . . .

Title is a little misleading since gas was actually cheaper last fall (Oct, Nov of 2015) then it currently is right now. Actually they were pretty low in January too there was a gas station in Ohio pumping gas for $1.21 a gallon! I know they're talking about July which is why the title should have been worded differently (definitely not the cheapest we've seen in a decade).

Back