California Approves $133 Million In New Clean Vehicle Rebate Funding

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GRA

Via IEVS: http://insideevs.com/california-approves-133-million-new-clean-vehicle-rebate-fundings/

The major changes:
. . . The new guidelines states that an annual income cap of $300,000 on joint filers and $150,000 on single filers will go into effect on November 1. Previous caps were $500,000 joint and $250,000 single.

Rebates per vehicle range from $900 (electric motorcycle) to $5,000 (hydrogen fuel cell vehicle). Plug-in vehicle rebates are in the middle of the pack.

As part of the package, there’s an $80 million program in place for “drivers who turn in high-emission vehicles that can’t pass a smog check, with those additional rebates ranging from $5,500 to $9,500, depending on the person’s income. The larger rebates would go to consumers who turn in a high-emission vehicle and replace it with a low-emission one,” according to SF Gate.
IMO the income cap's still too high (I'd have liked to see $100k single or married, or less) and a $40k price cap (IOW, no helping people buy Teslas/BMWs/Mirais etc.) but at least it's still moving in the right direction. I'm all in favor of the 'cash for smokers' bit.

Back